GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys galls
Looking for some feedback if other people have gone from a pfc to link g4+ and remapped and boost solenoid

if it made a difference and was worth spending the money on new ecu and remap etc or spending elsewhere ????

I’ve been reading up and can’t find my answers and now unsure ,cos of scatter this that etc

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I***8217;d say it would run more efficiently and safely whilst extracting a few extra ponies (maybe).

At the moment your car is running a processor that***8217;s 20years old.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply

I know the pfc can handle more last year I got rebuilt steel tubs all fuelling hard pipes thicker head gasket,head bolts and all other gaskets changed coil packs plugs Nismo mafs etc etc

Car feels faster but don’t get a kick from it if ya get me tuner said with the link and boost solenoid it will bring them in together and give what I need more tuneable,
just unsure after spending all that money and feeling the same as stock ( might just be delivering power @ same curve etc but more boost up top)

if it’s worth say doing things to bottom end for more boost and a remap on pfc than maybe wasting on new ecu decisions decisions

·
Registered
101 Posts
I recently changed from power fc to link and was worth every penny! Went from 520 at the fly to 540 at the wheels with same boost pressure! So much quicker! Main reason i went for link was the knock protection and logging. If i go out for a drive i can quickly download the logs and see what***8217;s going on. As for scatter that is a problem with the link but you can get an aem trigger disc for the cas which will clean the signal up and is only about £30. I also now have a tablet dash display where i can see any parameter i want without having gauges all over the dash.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet that***8217;s amazing good new, tuner said about a disk and not costing much so it looks like a very good upgrade and hopefully see a good bit more power and safety and rhats great with the tablet to

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I recently changed from power fc to link and was worth every penny! Went from 520 at the fly to 540 at the wheels with same boost pressure! So much quicker!

That***8217;s absolutely amazing to so everything the same just ECUs and map ??

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Thanks for reply

I know the pfc can handle more last year I got rebuilt steel tubs all fuelling hard pipes thicker head gasket,head bolts and all other gaskets changed coil packs plugs Nismo mafs etc etc

Car feels faster but don’t get a kick from it if ya get me tuner said with the link and boost solenoid it will bring them in together and give what I need more tuneable,
just unsure after spending all that money and feeling the same as stock ( might just be delivering power @ same curve etc but more boost up top)

if it’s worth say doing things to bottom end for more boost and a remap on pfc than maybe wasting on new ecu decisions decisions

I’d advise to do the bottom end and stick with the pfc unless you can afford both!

It is worth it but it’s down to your financial judgment!

Good luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I recently changed from power fc to link and was worth every penny! Went from 520 at the fly to 540 at the wheels with same boost pressure! So much quicker!

That’s absolutely amazing to so everything the same just ECUs and map ??
Eveything is the same. Just fitted a link, wideband and boost solenoid. I’m also running on stock bottom end

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers lee I’ll go with the ECU disk and boost solenoid 1st see how it is and if I have to do bottom end I’ll look into it ***128077;***127995;***128077;***127995;***128077;***127995;

1 - 14 of 14 Posts