GTR Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
-9's have great potential too. Ive got a friend here with a RB28, Vcam, -9 & E85 build that also want to go to a Link G4 from PFC. Although that car is already crazy responsive.

Yeah the trigger kits are needed on most newer ECU's as you get a bit of scramble in signal over 6500rpm with the stock CAS. Im hoping Herman, from PRP, makes a trigger kit that will fit into the stock CAS housing for a more OEM look.
With RB28 + -9s do you actually see a wider powerband? I get the impression that it would just shift the curve left, unless you're using high duration cams peak power is already around 7000 RPM which is right for 8000 RPM redline.

The version of the crank trigger I want to see is one where the stock CAS is retained and then a 12-1 trigger wheel is on the crank. Use the existing cam signal to be able to sync faster than most aftermarket solutions, a real crank trigger so you can have clean RPM and trigger signal, and -1 trigger wheel to be able to ensure that the ECU always knows where TDC is and a crank/cam tooth overlap is not problematic.

·
Registered
196 Posts
With RB28 + -9s do you actually see a wider powerband? I get the impression that it would just shift the curve left, unless you're using high duration cams peak power is already around 7000 RPM which is right for 8000 RPM redline.
Here's 2.6, -9's on E85 vs RB28, Vcam, -9's on E85. This is the same car on the same dyno before and after the 2.8 and Vcam were added.

Apparently PRP have a few revisions in their product line on the way, hopefully the trigger kit is one.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nice thanks for sharing all!
V-Cam is 100% on my to do list (i crave efficiency so to me it's a no-brainer) and a lot of these plots show me why!
I've been looking at the new HKS crate motors (DROOL) and thinking one of those with VC would be just the biz.

Still, long way off, still have suspension issues, a rear view camera to sort and tyres to buy :)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts