GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello .

I am going looking for a R33 GTR this weekend :D ..

What should i look out for :confused: :confused: .

I am going down to (keighley trade center) first to have a look at there GTRs

Does anyone know anything about keighley trade center:confused:

Any advice will be a great help.

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
seems like people here don't like Keighley at all,i have had no experience with them,so i can't say anything though

good luck though,hope you find what you are looking for!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JapFreak786 said:
seems like people here don't like Keighley at all,i have had no experience with them,so i can't say anything though

good luck though,hope you find what you are looking for!!
Thanks i thought i read that a while back . :eek:

Can anyone shed some light on why??

·
Registered
442 Posts
i got my gtr R33 from there, i wasn't 100% with that place, just make sure you go over the car with a fine tooth comb, ask to see the auction report, jap log book, bitma certificate(if they have it), just be cautious. if you have any question's i'll try and help you.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Mark

I went there to buy a Skyline and i found there attitude towards the customer stunk!! Not only that but there was just something else about them that I couldnt put my finger on but I just didnt trust them at all.

Just my opinion anyway i'd hate for you to have a wasted journey.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
TURBONUT said:
I am going down to (keighley trade center) first to have a look at there GTRs

Does anyone know anything about keighley trade center:confused:

Any advice will be a great help.
mate i really wouldnt go there, have heard soo many horror stories!! remember reading about a guy who bought a r32 gtr and his gearbox and turbos fell apart on the way home. he had to threaten them with court action letters before they repaired and even then was a bodge job

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Faz Choudhury said:
mate i really wouldnt go there, have heard soo many horror stories!! remember reading about a guy who bought a r32 gtr and his gearbox and turbos fell apart on the way home. he had to threaten them with court action letters before they repaired and even then was a bodge job

The more i hear the more i want to stay away from the place.:eek:

I think i will just go and look at the Skylines in scotland this weekend.

We have two importers up hear that have R33s in stock

I think i will just go and check them out for now

BUT THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP SO FAR EVERYONE

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
TURBONUT said:
The more i hear the more i want to stay away from the place.:eek:

I think i will just go and look at the Skylines in scotland this weekend.

We have two importers up hear that have R33s in stock

I think i will just go and check them out for now

BUT THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP SO FAR EVERYONE
there are plenty of good examples of gtrs available. you get what you pay for. i bought mine last week, not tuned to the max but seems like a straight car thats been well maintained (invoices from abbey, gt-art, pro-spec etc.)

you don't need to take the risk mate....unless you know your stuff, cos you'll need it at the KTC!

good luck

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Check out th search button and you'll find a lot of useful stuff about where to look for problems, such as abuse, rust and so on. Also, make sure they provide you with all the paperwok and get them to provide a BIMTA certificate as well - they should pay for this not you.

Happy hunting :)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Search for Keighley trade centre on here and every other forum I've used and you'll find plenty of posts/threads telling you the same thing!

With the prices of Skylines as they are there is absolutely no reason to even consider buying one from them, every car I saw there when I went was a shed, maybe auction grade 2 at best, customer service was extremely poor, I'd hate to even think what the after sale car is like!

There are plenty of decent R33's on here for sale that will give you far fewer headaches than you'll get from a keighley supplied car.

Alex B

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
There have been countless threads on SOC too - all negative in relation to Keighley !!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Faz Choudhury said:
there are plenty of good examples of gtrs available. you get what you pay for. i bought mine last week, not tuned to the max but seems like a straight car thats been well maintained (invoices from abbey, gt-art, pro-spec etc.)

you don't need to take the risk mate....unless you know your stuff, cos you'll need it at the KTC!

good luck
Thanks mate . not up for taking any major risks with all that money

Cheers

1 - 20 of 29 Posts