GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Doesn't look too bad that mate :thumbsup: The only comment I would make, and it's not meant as a criticism, is that it would be nicer if the 'weave' pattern was a little straighter.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback Evo, your absolutely right I altered the speed of the dip half way though the process which has made the pattern inconsistent. It will get better as I get used to doing it ;)

·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
Each to their own, but any "carbon dipping" looks rubbish IMHO.

You either have carbon or you don't!

I didn't see the zombie heads but I think I would have proffered that :)

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
I dunno I think carbon dipped interior items are alright as it's simple an aesthetic thing and some bits aren't available in carbon or cost FAR too much for what they are.

I prefer the smoked carbon dipped standard looking stuff.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for feedback guys, I'm not.that keen on the gold but I thought I would try it, how about this effect instead? Zombie dipping in is this section by the way I like it

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its pretty much sand down and start the process again, doesn't really take that long though so its now too bad :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
I like it, but everyone to their own..... It wouldn't do for everyone to like the same thing, don't think there's anything wrong with dipped carbon interior, it's one of those things that if you get bored of it or just don't like it anymore you can change it and not spend shit loads of £££ putting it back to normal

·
Registered
229 Posts
Like the skulls, dont like the zombies really and the gold carbon looks a bit to bling for me, but I am probably to old. :)

·
Vendor
3,007 Posts
We used to offer an actual real carbon with gold weave....

here's some pics from 2008 that might be interesting :)

of course we can still make these on special order for those who like abit of bling ;)

We also made a silver as well... all proper real carbon ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts