GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some good and bad news, my R32 GTR which has been for sale for a little while after putting a heap of cash into for various bits and bobs suffered engine failure, the cause of which we don't know. It'd passed a full health inspection had new belts, suspension arms, radiator etc etc. So could be anything so am afraid i'll will be selling as is if anybody interest (Its listed in the R32 section for sale) :wavey:

What's the good news I hear you ask...

I've ordered an R35 black edition in Gun Metallic w.satnav.! :smokin: , am obviously subject to the 10 month waiting list (absolutely praying my delivery is before April to avoid the higher tax)

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Might be a silly question.....but if you aren't getting a kuro black car, why order the black edition?

Sorry to hear about the engine failure.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Might be a silly question.....but if you aren't getting a kuro black car, why order the black edition?

I ordered the black Bdition in Ultimate silver because of one and only reason - Black/red leather inside!
Probabyl he has the same reason...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered the black Bdition in Ultimate silver because of one and only reason - Black/red leather inside!
Perhaps i am wrong but doesnt this mean you are paying £1300 for the red bits on the seats + slightly darker wheels and £1400 for the UMS?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VAT goes back to 17.5% on 1 January 2010 - no avoiding the increase with an April delivery.

D
Agreed no avoiding vat increase but in April buyers of new cars are subject to a 1st year higher level of tax which for the GTR is approx £900

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Was basically for the wheels and seats, I love the look in gun metal. I like black but found it didn't show all the features of the bodywork lines etc, though is mean like a panther! Still many months before I fully commit to the colouring though

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
£1400 for black/red leather?! I don't get it.

I wanted a black car hence the black edition - but if the UMS was available without an upcharge i'd think about switching to Premium Edition.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Whats there to understand??
We pay our money & take our choices, I would'nt pay 5k for a stripe on a Ferrari but people do..

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Whats there to understand??
We pay our money & take our choices, I would'nt pay 5k for a stripe on a Ferrari but people do..
Maybe because i'd rather forgo the red/black MJ effect interior, save the £1400 for a GTC titan or AP and still get a black car, but i can't.

So those who are getting Black Edition cars for the very slight differences for £1400, why not get a Premium Edition, and use the money for a Y-Pipe and AccessPort

·
Registered
485 Posts
Personal choice is a wonderful thing... we will never all agree :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts