GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Slowest reply in history

Just noticed this post ... I can vouch for Turbo Dynamics, www.turbodynamics.co.uk ... speak to Craig, tell him you were refered to him by Dan at Abbott Racing.

Been working with SAABs every day for near seven years now so I've seen a Turbo or two :D TD are good, and are already briefed to do a ceramic-steel job on my R32 in a few weeks :D

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
No probs :D

Their work has been spot on so far .. he's working on a couple of Garrett GT17's for us right now...

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Si,

If I remember correctly its around £400, this is a total overhaul including a 360-degree thrust-face bearing, with the option of a larger compressor wheel and a cut-back on the Turbine wheel.

Craig usually takes 2 or 3 days ... so not a disaster... You pondering getting yours done?

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yeah I was either gonna go Hybrid or rebuild wasnt sure....

what u think then??

Nice car matey!!

Si

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Si,

I would be inclined to stay with the standard sized guts, and just remove the ceramic parts to replace with steel. The 360 thrust bearing is a must though :D

Having had a peek in more detail at mine today I can firmly say that access to the Turbo is ... awkward ... So I would think it best to play safe and go for a rebuild with a few internal mods, rather than big stuff like compressor housings, getting into water and oil lines looks like it would be a nightmare...

As another option ... HKS do apparantly make a bolt-on kit for the RB20DET, might be worth speaking to Andy/Dirk as he's the man for HKS toys :D

Either way, you can really go far wrong! Good luck dude :D

Cheers,

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts