GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well for the first time in years i won't be running, rather than not turn up or say anything - to avoid chinese whispers just thought i would say good luck to those on here running & hope cars & times are good - shame as would have loved to see Fuujin back out.:smokin:

Huge thanks to Abbey Motorsport who again have dropped Project GTST's times this year down to 7.68 with only limited runs in 2009 & as it stands unless anyone beats that this weekend it will again for the 2nd year running be the quickest Japanese car in Europe.

Also huge thanks to the lads who crew andy, nick, jamie & dan - massive thanks lads - much much appreciated :)

Final thanks to the sponsors - it wouldnt happen without them & of course everyone for their support. It will be wonderful for the UK when one or both of the cars reach their full potential !

The introduction of Project Zed really blew the budget this year & Project GTST went on hold temporarily - there are big plans for Project GTST over the winter relating to methanol & turbo config etc - so i'm really looking forward to seeing the old girl come out fresher & stronger with a fair few more bhp next year.

As for Project Zed we had annoying teething issues at the Europeans & to be honest rather than ignore them & plough ahead again we have gone the other way & decided to tackle them head on. Since then engine fully stripped, the whole car now much more understood from our perspective & we have a list of slight changes we would like to make to improve things - time has just ran out for us for japshow despite everything & the kitchen sink being thrown at it :chuckle: The cars potential is just mind boggling an 8.4 & an 8.0 knocking off at the 1/8th etc shows what it can do.

Fingers crossed we may well get one more opportunity to run her properly this year - would be great to get some more seat time & see what difference the changes have made. Fingers crossed on the weather front.

Full pelt ahead next year & a lot of effort going in to move things forward :)
We want to run at hockenheim & mantorp & then Feb 2011 - australia here we come :smokin:

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what Andy is going to pull out of the bag, hope he can get his record back.

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what Andy is going to pull out of the bag, hope he can get his record back.
Who know's, it might even spur **** on to break the world record...

Shame you can't be there John, have always enjoyed watching project GTST run!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Matt -a shame but not the end of the world - time much better spent learning about what we have, what's not quite right & then what we want to change & doing it over the winter to be honest - otherwise you end up spending so much more chasing your tail & getting nowhere.

every single penny now going into the pot to take project gtst & project zed to aus in 2011 - will be just incredible :cool:

Shame you can't be there John, have always enjoyed watching project GTST run!

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
spending so much more chasing your tail & getting nowhere.
I know the feeling John, trying to source a Holinger and getting nowhere fast.
Had I got one I might have been able to enjoy the day so much more myself but ce la vie, shit happens as they say.

I'll definitely pop along to help out and support the rabble as usual :cool:
Good luck to everyone running at the weekend and see you all there :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
shame you wont be there big man, like someone has said, its good there are a few fast cars pushing eachother now, all helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts