GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car a bit of a wheel wobble, i was hpoing to get it driving perfect,

thinking abouut, 4 wheel allignment /tracking

any good places around the high wycombe area??

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Sounds like it needs the wheels balancing. I used Abbey motorsport, but not local to High Wycombe.
Whenever I've changed my wheels and tyres over, I've always used Adams and Page in Cressex industrial estate. They have low trolley jack for cars with clearance issues on the ramps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have just had my alignment done at Nissan HPC in Tunbridge Wells on a hunter machine.
It drives fantastic now but cost £200 inc Nissan tax but I am sure you can get it cheaper elsewhere just make sure it's a hunter system. and make sure they get all the readings as close to centre as possible.

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh its just the steering wheel has a slight wobble , more really at higher speeds, it doesnt pull left or right , so do you reckon its just wheel balancing thats needed?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Yeah I think so, you'll normally feel it from about 70-80mph. Tracking and alignment are more to do with steering wheel angles and you'll feel the car being pulled around on different cambers etc.

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
that's tyres not alignment

only when the tyres went on did that start

its had a full aligmnent with the sus fit, don't take it anywhere they will mess it up

try putting the rears on the front

R

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's tyres not alignment

only when the tyres went on did that start

its had a full aligmnent with the sus fit, don't take it anywhere they will mess it up

try putting the rears on the front

R

how will that help? its the same tyres on the back i think Rob? shall i get the wheels balanced? let me know mate as i really want it driving perfect :)

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
you feel it as its coming thro the steering wheel. on the rear you would not notice it

R

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
If it is the allignment, then you can take it down to Power Engineering in Uxbridge just of off the A40, or GarageD Watford to Julian Smith.

but as Robbie suggested, swap the tyres see what happens. And check the wear on the tyres and see if the are uneven in comparison to one another, if so, tracking might be an option.

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
it was my car, the tyres where off fuggles whiite car after some track testing, the slight wobble happen after fitting these. bad balancing i think. the tyres only have a 3 thousand miles left

1 - 13 of 13 Posts