GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anybody recommend a good quality car cover as in to cover the car up to protect it. not insurance!
thanks very much
Regards Tim

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi can anybody recommend a good quality car cover as in to cover the car up to protect it. not insurance!
thanks very much
Regards Tim
Is it for inside as in garage or outside?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Got a outdoor cover, good quality. Got from Glyn Hopkins parts & accessories.. £286.. Happy enough with it. Mainly got it to pertect it from bird shite..

·
Registered
398 Posts
Got a outdoor cover, good quality. Got from Glyn Hopkins parts & accessories.. £286.. Happy enough with it. Mainly got it to pertect it from bird shite..
Hows the paint?

How long do you have it on for ( time period ie Hours) ?

How many days a week?

Car is parked outside i take it ?

·
Registered
888 Posts
The only concern for an outside cover, is if you have dirt/grit on the car & once covered, the cover will move in the wind against the paint, with the dirt/grit acting like sandpaper!

I'm considering an indoor cover for over the winter once SORNd...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only concern for an outside cover, is if you have dirt/grit on the car & once covered, the cover will move in the wind against the paint, with the dirt/grit acting like sandpaper!

I'm considering an indoor cover for over the winter once SORNd...
You've hit the nail on the head there that's what I was concerned about I was wondering if there was one with soft inside I think I'd always make sure the car was clean before the cover went on.

·
Registered
644 Posts
TimBoy, I would highly recommend getting a car port.. much better looking and less hassle than getting two indoor/outdoor covers lol..

I have one for my bros Carlsson C63 AMG but dont have one for the GTR yet.. Might get another one soon before winter comes..

Not sure where my bro got his but i found something very similar to what we have..

car cover car port GazeBox the new concept of garage...Gazebo, Carport and box...all in one!! - YouTube

GazeBox: Garage, Gazebo e Box Auto Moto in Ferro, Metallo e Pvc

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hows the paint?

How long do you have it on for ( time period ie Hours) ?

How many days a week?

Car is parked outside i take it ?
I've had it on the car for 4-5 days on the trot.
But car always clean when it's covered.
And yeah, cars parked outside.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TimBoy, I would highly recommend getting a car port.. much better looking and less hassle than getting two indoor/outdoor covers lol..

I have one for my bros Carlsson C63 AMG but dont have one for the GTR yet.. Might get another one soon before winter comes..

Not sure where my bro got his but i found something very similar to what we have..

car cover car port GazeBox the new concept of garage...Gazebo, Carport and box...all in one!! - YouTube

GazeBox: Garage, Gazebo e Box Auto Moto in Ferro, Metallo e Pvc
Thanks a lot but I fear that may cost more than the car

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Being Italian I guess it will need a major service every 3 months at a cost of 2k!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Haha, that particular one does looks pretty expensive.. But if you search 'Foldable car port' on google you can find loads of manually operated car ports/portable garages that will costs around £600 - £800.. Around the same as it would cost you to buy 2 high quality indoor + outdoor car covers..

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
thanks very much
Regards Tim
Do a SEARCH and YOU SHOULD NOT PUT A COVER ON YOUR CAR !!!!:flame::flame::flame:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts