GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atlast I picked up my R33 GTR last night:D , Had to got to Ipswich to pick it up though. Still on the bright side had a great drive home in it, despite the fact I hit heavy snow after only driving it for about 10 miles! I could not belive the power differance compared to my GTS2.5T. But any way could not wipe the smile off my face for the whole three and a half hour journey home. When I eventually got home my misses had a quick look round the car then nicked the keys and was gone for a good half hour! She came back grinning from ear to ear though. So any way I took it out for one last spin for the night, and was mortified when I got back and saw smoke pouring out from under the bonnet. When I had a look I saw that at the back of the block, the near side pipe that goes into the engine had been pushed out under presure. Which has left a bit of a mess of the engine bay:( (Covered in oil!) . It popped back on OK but it is not a tight fit like it should be. Which has taken all the fun out of driving it as I have to take it steady! And is now wire locked for the mean time.So now im totaly gutted. So I wonderd if anyone else has encounted this problem or weather somthing else more sinister could be the cause?

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Gezz, just a lil advice for any "second hand" car you buy, take it home, check it over b4 you give it some beans ! Had my R33 GT-R for 7years and not had any mechanical failures ! (But then I am fastidious over that, the best car I have ever owned!)

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes thats the one! Ive got a horrible feeling I need to replace the whole cover for that! Is that right?

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
what you called the rocker cover is the cam cover mate, its known as both, tho cam cover is more correct, no rockers under there, its not a pushrod motor!

Mookistar said:
doesn't a pressurised oil breather system indicate bad thingS? (novice!)
exactly why i asked if it was that.

THAT much pressure in the breathers is often a sign of ****ed rings or a ****ed piston or 6.
Lots of oil blow by anyhow.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Pull the pipe off again and make sure it is not blocked.

No amount of blow by should have the energy to remove a clear breather pipe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts