GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seulam my GT-R buddies,

Just returned from a tripto Ethiopia : ) what an awesome place!! The Simien Mountains has to be one of the worlds greatest landscapes ever. Took me a little while to acclimatise to the altitude (camped above 4000m for 3 days lol) but other than that it was wicked.

Swapped the big red Datsun bus for a white Datsun patrol lol. Took a hammering over two weeks and one of the days where we had to travel 10 hours over some very very bad off road sections took its toll on the poor beast. Started 1 hour into the journey and during our decent from Debark with a fire. I [email protected] you not lol. Whilst flying down a really bad section the electrics started playing up so we stopped and steam could be seen. Popped the bonnet, doh, and bang flames : ( got it out very quickly with dirt lol. Worked out to be a broken battery retainer clamp that shorted and melted into the battery before catching fire!!!

Locals passing by helped out and within an hour we were on our way : ). Then 30 mins later the first puncture of 3 that day lol. One was at 70ish on a smooth road of all places lol. Hit a stray rock blowing the tire clean off. Very scary moment but all good. Once we arrived in Axum I had a few beers lol.

Anyway, enough of me boring you all. One of the first things I did yesterday once back was to take the 35 out for a blast. [email protected] hell she felt fast!! I know it's no big power car like a lot of you have but she felt immense. Took me a while to re adjust lol but now back in the grove and ready to stick some miles on her : )

Just about to sit down and ad through all that I have missed on here. Have already seen that Flynn has opted for the new Jag. Nice choice fella ;)

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Welcome back Sweety ;)
Get some more miles under your belt then start the upgrades!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Lol, cheers fella :D how does your car feel with the new bits all bolted on mate? Must organise a meet up at some point ;)
Mate, it puts my balls in my back pocket every time I accelerate, and I'm just waiting on a map tweak from Litchfield to enable some overrun pops and bangs and it'll be pretty much perfect :D

·
Registered
618 Posts
At least the patrol dont run a gr6 :D

Must have been an awesome trip!

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
I was out in mine today and had an amazing experience! After reading the various threads about tank slappers,tyre choices and how bad the Gtr is on anything other than dry roads I was amazed I got back home today safely, I even managed to get upto speeds of 70mph on damp roads including some of the twisty stuff as well, some spirited acceleration to boot and all this on run flats.
To be honest I had been a bit scared to go out in it now that autumn had arrived but I had no problem what so ever and that was with only 4 mm of tread left on my tyres.
The car was amazing!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks fellas ;)

Johnny G, sounds wicked mate. Enjoy and stay safe ;)

Swobber, yeah awesome trip and will certainly return to visit the south. Fav Africa country thus far :bowdown1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts