GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Autotrader.co.uk this week is a used unmodified UK-spec Bayside Blue for sale at £54,000 (private sale, not Middlehurst)

He's unlikely to get that much for it, but it's good to see people aren't selling them off too low.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Good point

I for one do not plan to sell my car for a long time ,unless obviously if I had to and let's hope none of us EVER have to be in a position like that ! I am not really fussed how much cars are going for ,for I believe a car's worth is dependant on its condition and more importantly how much the punter is will to pay ! You can for example ,pick up a R33 for £13/14 k but what condition is it in and how was it looked after ? The chances are the one for £16/17 k are in better nick ! However there are always exceptions !
We also have to except the fact that our cars depriciate fast,especially when bought from new,like your case !

Sorry we did not chat more on Sunday ,but it seemed when I was of the track you was on and vice-versa !

·
Banned
349 Posts
54k car

To the best of my meagre knowledge the car in question has a 25k deposit on it, is in St. Helens and the Guy can't afford to buy it and is therefore speculating, as, all the uk cars are sold now.

I'm glad he's asking 54k for obvious reasons and I think he'll get it but not from anyone on the forum.

A different breed of punter is required ;) ;)

JM

PS: If the R35 doesn't make the tuning grade, and goes down the 996 route all 34 owners can have a party and you never know I may be the host - watch this space.................:cool:

·
Registered
961 Posts
:p

jamie when iam in my early 20 s
and youll be to old to drive, youll sell 1 of your skylines to me yeh!
:D ;) :smokin:

·
Registered
275 Posts
my girlfriends buying an sti5 very shortly, so went and bought top marques today, to see if there were any in there. after having a look, i thought i'd see what r33's were in there.

is it me, or are prices going UP! cars that were around the same age as mine, bog standard etc...22k:eek:
blimey, am i glad i didnt sell, especially for 22k!! think this car might be quite an investment in the end, especially if the next skyline is 'untunable'.
i'm sure prices were lower 6 months ago:confused:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think we are going to see a swing in the Prices in March 2002 Now the Last few R34 have gone.

The R34 will come into it's Own Middlehurst I believe have Sold there stock of second hand cars and perhaps are getting out of the market for a while or are looking to bring some greys in!

I believe we will see the R34 at over £40K for most of this year That of course is only for good UK cars

If I had that sort of Money I would be a Buyer R34 good investment as interest rates are only 4%

Bruce

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
R34

Shit that's just down the road from me !!!

I also think that well sorted and looked after 33's can keep their price, but as Jamie says, it's only as worth as much as the punter is prepared to pay for it in the end !;)

·
Banned
349 Posts
Market makers

Its up to us on the register to keep prices as high as possible. If we all stick together and try not to sell things in a panic prices will stay high.

That said I bought a R33 last weekend with a friend 95m 55k full history (detailed) Middlehurst import ect, very tidy car for 10k!!!

Do as I say, not as I do:D

Also bruce and I worked out that we own 4% of the UK 34's at the moment!!!!:smokin:

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Re: Market makers

jamie m said:
Its up to us on the register to keep prices as high as possible. If we all stick together and try not to sell things in a panic prices will stay high.
Well said that man, :cool: I was too scared to say that but now Jamie's gone and made the point I am inclined to agree.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Register - Prices

To an extent the price of skylines isn't just detirmined by UK sales. If there is a significant saving then many prospective owners of skylines are people who have already owned japanese cars and would often be happy just to import them.

I suspect R33 prices will stabilise to the £14-20k bracket for standard car (maybe more for very low miles / big power), but I think excluding the latest NUR Editions R34's (which will be worth more due to limited numbers and good spec), the R34's will continue to depreciate in line with Japanese prices. I guess UK cars will be worth a slight premium but as there is less and less warranty left I think the premium will decrease...

Just my opinion obviously, but there are a few R33's advertised at £25k+ which have been there for months, whereas the sub £20k cars tend to be snapped up faster (I know because I'm looking at this price range :))

A £10k R33, Where, how? Any more? :D Sounds great!

Jon

·
Banned
349 Posts
Sorry - for me to know and you to.........

Lets just say this guy needed the money:) and...............

after some negotiation he had the notion (god knows from where!) that his car needed a head gasket, turbo re-build and probably a bottom end:D

Its a hard life!

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Funny, never thought of you as a 'Arfur Daley' type....!

How's the Evo going? Bent it yet?

See you Sunday.

·
Banned
349 Posts
FUNNY

:D

Tigger's got the EVO 6 ask her

Sunday it will be..........

se ya Pete

Jamie.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
My R33

Nope it aint bent! well, not yet anyway, I'll leave that to Jamie, ask him if the Evo can fly.....:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts