GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps, not really posted much as only have had the GTR for less than two weeks haha, but here goes

When i went to look at the car i noticed the tyre pressure was slightly low, low enough to cause the warning light to ping up, i asked for the tyre to be reinflated to the correct PSi

therefore 3/4 days later it came back on, pumped it up and then the light came on again 4/5 days after, this proved to me that it had a slow puncture... (Rear Right tyre i must add)

just had the local Mobile Tyre man around to see what he could do, but turns out the only option is to renew it. he quoted me £359 fully fitted, like for like - Dunlop SP Sport Runflats, i thought that was fair?

i then rung up my local Tyre place that i have been using throughout my driving life haha, and they said they can fit and supply, all in for £325 i told him i would probably be looking to change the rear left one swell he then said in that case we will do it for £320 per tyre a total of £640... is £640 a good price? a really good price? or a not so good price? to me i think its a (Good - Fair price) what are your thoughts? :)

to top it of, i message the dealer and he has kindly offered to contribute £100 towards, although he didn't have to.

Ps just want to say sorry for my spelling, very Dislexic :cool:

Thanks Phil

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
If the tyres are like for like OEM dunlops, Rears, inc VAT and fitting then that is a very good price ime. Is the local tyre man part of a national company? I'd definitely have some for that price.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Bridgestones superior and cheaper LOL runaway !!

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Bridgestones superior and cheaper LOL runaway !!
You would have to run away Steve, Because as you know, if it was raining running would be quicker than driving your car ,lol
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Goldie

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
You would have to run away Steve, Because as you know, if it was raining running would be quicker than driving your car ,lol
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Goldie
LOL Yep I can do both :bowdown1:

How are you ?

There is a show in Bedford on Sunday if you are interested

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I realise it was aimed at Goldie but you're not thinking the Sharnbrook Supercar & Superbike Sunday 2014 are you? Thought that was for Italian's..

It's not been mentioned in the past but some would argue the GTR's not a Supercar...
in fact their literature: What is a supercar or superbike ?

Costs lots of money, has loads of bhp, gets lots of attention and not the daily drive!

Supercar is a term used most often to describe an expensive high end car. It has been defined specifically as "a very expensive, fast or powerful car".Stated in more general terms: "it must be very fast, with sporting handling to match," "it should be sleek and eye-catching" and its price should be "one in a rarefied atmosphere of its own"

However if it's not this event - forget everything I've just posted! :runaway:

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Btw, the Bridgestones (RE070 runflats) are pretty much the same as the Dunlops in performance and feel, but are usually around 100 quid each cheaper online, currently listed at around 300 quid each. I know you only want rears tho, so will be staying with Dunlops.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Is the leak in your tyre definitely a puncture?

I just serviced my TPMS sensors and my leak has gone. Might be worth considering as the service kits can be had for a couple of quid.

·
Registered
888 Posts

I just serviced my TPMS sensors and my leak has gone. Might be worth considering as the service kits can be had for a couple of quid.
Have you got a link to the TPMS service kit you used?

Thanks!

·
Registered
888 Posts

Have you got a link to the TPMS service kit you used?
Is it easy to do?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I had this exact issue, rear right tyre too. Would lose around 1-3 psi a week!! So took it as a slow puncture and just filled it every week or so accordingly. Then it raondomly stopped recently and the Psi has not budged :)

·
Registered
888 Posts
How random! After my Euro trip last week, my R/O/S has dropped from 32 to 29psi

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Old Bob Yes, that is the show, think we should amass the GTR clan and go show the **** what Suoer Car power is !!!

TrevGTR are the Dunlops runflats ? same as Bridgestones ??

·
Registered
315 Posts
I don't have a link but I search out Tyre Sensors & Equipment | TyreSensors.com and then gave them a call and they had them in stock and were delivered next day. They come in a box of 10 and will keep you going for a while and going by the Nissan guides should be used every tyre change. I don't think that is absolutely necessary but at the very least you'll be covered.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
888 Posts
I don't have a link but I search out Tyre Sensors & Equipment | TyreSensors.com and then gave them a call and they had them in stock and were delivered next day. They come in a box of 10 and will keep you going for a while and going by the Nissan guides should be used every tyre change. I don't think that is absolutely necessary but at the very least you'll be covered.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I realise it was aimed at Goldie but you're not thinking the Sharnbrook Supercar & Superbike Sunday 2014 are you? Thought that was for Italian's..

It's not been mentioned in the past but some would argue the GTR's not a Supercar...
in fact their literature: What is a supercar or superbike ?

Costs lots of money, has loads of bhp, gets lots of attention and not the daily drive!

Supercar is a term used most often to describe an expensive high end car. It has been defined specifically as "a very expensive, fast or powerful car".Stated in more general terms: "it must be very fast, with sporting handling to match," "it should be sleek and eye-catching" and its price should be "one in a rarefied atmosphere of its own"

However if it's not this event - forget everything I've just posted! :runaway:
They do have an Italian Supercar Day as well (was acouple of month ago) but this one is just for any Supercar - Ciro does consider GTRs supercars ;) In fact, he even let us park up in a special area for the Italian Day (I did turn up as part of this convoy though):

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Nissan gt-r

Sorry for being off topic :runaway:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts