GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am thinking of going next saturday as i've never been before.

Any of you thinking about going along ? I know Nick W has said he might go along, just wondered if anyone else is up for it ?

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
488 Posts
Possibly...

It's supposed to be a fantastic day out - not sure if I'm going to be free or not (allowed to go out) - ball and chain and all that.

Rupert

·
Registered
152 Posts
Goodwood FOS

I've been going for the last couple of years and its definately worth going, at no other event in the world can you get so close to the most historic cars ever raced, not to mention the drivers. Le mans, F1 (including 2002 f1's this year), Rally (more BHP than Rupert), you name it, its there, and they all race up the hill flat out.

Friday and Saturday is tickets at the gate, Sunday is ticket only.

It's a must!

Mark.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I'm a possible too Daz, am working saturday night and am out all day sunday, so depending on how tired I feel, I might be down there.;)

Well worth it if you like any sort of motor racing, some of the cars are priceless and the quality of the drivers there is second to none.

But if anyone is planning on going , get there early or get stuck in traffic! I live in Horsham which is about 30/40 mins away and I will get there for 7am at the latest. :(

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I went last year and it was fantastic...had a pass into the race drivers tent too...met loadsa people!!!cant make this year tho.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'll be there on Friday and Saturday. It's my fifth year in a row and I cannot recommend it enough.

If possible try to go on Friday. It's not as crowded and you can chat to owners/teams/mechanics while they unload and check their cars.

MDG.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm definitely going :)

Not sure which day yet though.

I thought Sunday was the main day that everyone raced up the hill ?

Is Saturday a qualifying type day or do they just race all weekend ?

Jez

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Sunday is the day that they take the official times, but you will not notice the cars going up the hill any slower on the sarturday, when racing drivers get behind the wheel they just have to go fast!:D

·
Registered
994 Posts
YES

My little R33 will be there for the fourth year running on the ATS Tyres Stand along with another well known Skyline( fingers crossed .... I will be in a position to confirm tonight);)

ATS have told me that they would love to say Hi and hopefully sell you a set of tyres,ask for the "Henry" discount:eek:

I will post the other cars ID later:p

Henry,

Over 1200BHP on display,now thats a clue!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Goodwood

Henry,

A purple R33 next to a blue R34, should look good.

I think you'll find its over 1300bhp (635bhp + 672bhp).....!

I suppose I'll have to clean my car then, must be time for another upgrade, as thats how I usually get it washed.......

Guy

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you're there all 3 days, then if i go on the saturday, i'll try and find you guys. Shouldn't be too hard to spot ya.

Just gotta bend my mate J's arm now to come along.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Goodwood.

Dazza...Looks as if I will be there mate again mate.
You going down saturday then? give you a buzz on the day.
See some of you down there then.
NLW

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
A few grand to have your car washed

Tell you what Guy I'll do it for 500 quid :) .

Henry.

Did you get my sms re your tow rope.

Rupert.

My ball and chain is on for this w/end as well :( .

glen

G

·
GWFoS

Hi - yes I plan to go ( probably Saturday) - have been for the the last few years and it is a great day out if you love the smell of burning rubber :eek:

I also live in Horsham and hope to leave early as the traffic can be a bit of a pig.... although a trick I have used is the past is to go past the exit from the dual carriageway (A27) and the do a 180 @ the next roundabout and approach from the other direction (i.e. heading east)......

Hopefully see you guys there ! :cool:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Will be going all 3 days, it is THE best motor event EVER!!!!!
Going with a mate in either his Purple R33 or his Yellow 34GTS.

Will look out for Henry's car again.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
HEY GUY

is YOUR NEXT UPGRADE TO MAKE IT START AT EVENTS THEN:D
Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Def up for this one and recommended to all

not quite the same as the early 90s when like 10 people new about it but such is life.
Henry/Guy will you be on or abouts the stand most days??
Just checkin as I could do with a few bits!! :p :smokin:
See you there...

NLW

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Goodwood

Gary - Cheeky bugger! But seriously, thanks for your help at Bedford in overcoming the starting problem.

Nick - The cars will be there all weekend, but we won't be. They want the cars on the stand, not Henry's and my ugly faces....!

Guy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts