GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is going? I believe we can park in the "Supercar Parking" with the right ticket.

I'll be en route from Wales if anyone is up for a convoy :)

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I'd recommend getting there very early. At least then you have a chance of looking round the paddock before it gets far too busy to see anything. The overcrowding and cost put me off after my first visit 3 or 4 years ago.

If I were to do it again I'd do it over two days and camp in-between. Day one for roaming grandstand tickets and day 2 for all off-track stuff. The crowds would still pee me off though.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Thanks for that. Just had a peep and very tempted. Too much to choose from and only so much time available. Also want to go the F1 at silverstone and potential participation in a number of GTROC linked events.

·
R35 Section manager
11,052 Posts
I'd recommend getting there very early. At least then you have a chance of looking round the paddock before it gets far too busy to see anything. The overcrowding and cost put me off after my first visit 3 or 4 years ago.

If I were to do it again I'd do it over two days and camp in-between. Day one for roaming grandstand tickets and day 2 for all off-track stuff. The crowds would still pee me off though.

Agree it gets stupidly busy there so arrive early and don't leave at the end when everyone else does

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Yep, will be there the whole 4 days as per every year since it started !!!

Will be going down on the Thursday and staying in a B&B in Arundel.

Yep, getting in and out can be a chore, but you get to see some great metal (and flesh if sunny) in the car parks !!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
FoS is a brilliant event. Only been the once, 2 years ago, but it was a great 2 days. You'll struggle to do it in one. It's busy but I didn't find it overwhelming. Roving grandstand tickets well worth the money.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
There is more than enough to do in 4 days let alone 1. Knowing it as I do, I would feel robbed only going for 1 or 2 days. As I say I missed the first one but have been every year since. Have even had tea with Lord March. (it's his front garden)

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
There is more than enough to do in 4 days let alone 1. Knowing it as I do, I would feel robbed only going for 1 or 2 days. As I say I missed the first one but have been every year since. Have even had tea with Lord March. (it's his front garden)

So, knowing it as you do, what would be the top things to see, if you were only able to go for one day?

And which day would you pick of the 4? My mind thinks sunday as that's when I have been before and for some reason I think there is more F1 stuff - is this right?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm going on Friday, booked the supercar car park as it's right next to the F1 paddock and saves miles of walking into the event.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Depends on what you like????

Cartier Lux and Super car paddock for err Super Cars and new releases

F1 Paddock for errr F1 cars

There are now several paddocks for everything from steam driven cars to electric cars

Rally stage (up the hill and MUST be walked / climbed to appreciate the Hill) i.e. errr Rally cars from all era's and a live Rally stage

Drivers and Pit lane for autograph hunters etc

Display tents with everything for cars or cloths etc.

Bric a Brac for rubbish but one man’s rubbish is another man’s gold

Which day are you going? Let me know and I’ll give you a quick wiz tour

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
So, knowing it as you do, what would be the top things to see, if you were only able to go for one day?

And which day would you pick of the 4? My mind thinks sunday as that's when I have been before and for some reason I think there is more F1 stuff - is this right?
If you haven't got a ticket for Sunday by now I doubt if you will get one as this is the timed event day for the Hill :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I bet that was a very expensive cup of tea...

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I'm heading there Friday, only day I could make it. 1 day certainly isn't enough but it's better than not attending I guess :D

1 - 20 of 67 Posts