GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's quite close to a little village called Cocking. We did get a bit bored trying to leave on Friday, after sitting in the car park for 2 and a half hours finding silly place names on the road map seemed quite amusing!!!

Cheers

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Goodowood

What a nice Blue R34 that is.....!

Traffic was bad as usual, apparently they closed the A3 on Sunday night and it led to absolute chaos. Fortunately I knew all the back roads (I used to live nearby) and went through them (including Lickfold) and got to Guildford from Goodwood in an hour.

My car has tons of fingermarks and even palmprints on the windows, where people were looking in.

Guy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was that your motor then Guy? What a cracking looking car, the black one with the Nismo rims also looked great.

It's a bit of a horrible drive down to Goodwood if there is traffic, luckily we managed some devious routes and avoided most of it on Saturday.

I manged to look but not touch!!! Might have dribbled on it a bit though!!!

I reckon Goodwood is the highlight of the motorsport year, top day.

Nik

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Goodwood

Yep - blue one was mine, the R33 is Henry's and is Midnight Purple (dark but not black).

Great weekend, I was there Thurs, Sat and Sun, so missed rain on Fri.

Guy

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Pics

Some nice pics!

Glad someone else managed to get some as I failed this time - not through not getting any mind. I took to many for the webspace I have left, so couldnt be bothered to choose just a few.

Must try and take <200 pics next time :D

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
997 Posts
Naughty nikB

How can you call my R33 BLACK,Yuck,what a horrible thought;)
and how come you didn`t post a picture of it?you`re not trying to get Brownie points off of one of our Forum Moderators are you?:eek:

Looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves anyway.Hard luck to the rest of you who didn`t go,this really is the best Live Motor Event in the World,prove me wrong..........

Next year we will be trying to get a Skyline or two up the Hill ;) ,fancy it Guy? or is that a stupid question.

Henry.(Midnight Purple R33)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
How can you call my R33 BLACK,Yuck,what a horrible thought
So Henry what you trying to say? whats wrong with black.
:mad: :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh oh, I seem to have sparked the colour debate off again....

Sorry Henry didn't mean to offend you, I didn't study the colour cos I was gawping at the engine, and those rims are really quite special!!!:D

Hopefully one day my 200 will grow up to be a fire spitting Skyline.

I would also be interested in finding out what you have to do (who you have to know) to run a motor up the hill.

Cheers for the comments guys

Nik

·
Registered
997 Posts
M19GTR

I love Black Skylines,4 years ago I ordered a new Black R33 but a Midnight Purple one arrived instead:eek:

Quite a few people know that I am looking for a clean R34 to add to the collection and it has to be Black!;) Skylines are great in any colour.

Henry:smokin:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Pimp

Got to be black for when he is out pimping, THE colour to have for a pimp mobile, hehe.:D

Shame I missed the event, was up a croft this weekend with our touring cars sat and sunday, didint realise it was on thursday and friday as well:(

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
HENRY

Only jokin at the end of the day a SKYLINE is a SKYLINE and thats what matters (in any colour):D

S

·
0 Posts
Another pic

I've got quite a few pic's too from the Sunday. Mainly cars in the paddocks - I find that when I try to take them on the track I get the front or the back only !

Anyway .... here's a pic from the ATS stand...

I have better quality image if anybody whats me to email it....

Attachments

·
Registered
997 Posts
NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A "QUALITY PICTURE":D

EVEN IF IT`S "THE OLD MODEL" AS GUY CALLS IT!

Henry.:p

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Clean car

Henry, you could clean your car when doing a show !! ha ha ha then people wouldnt think it was black !!
Was there Fri, Sat & Sun so got rain, and sun burnt all in one weekend ! Also, Took the Yellow R34 GT-S and it was some canny driving manouvers that help me get it out if the mud pool on Friday eve and yes, aslo got caught in the traffic jam on Sunday Evening, also, think that there was a small party in Brighton over the same weekend !!!
See ya at HULLAVINGTON tomorrow anybody ??

S

·
0 Posts
Ta

Steve, Thanks for showing me the short cut into the festival on Sunday morning ... I'll remember that one !

I got a little stuck on the way home to - but only delayed me about 20 mins.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts