GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the loud title says, we are doing Goodwood again this year. In recognition of the slightly more erudite crowd we attracted (in the main), we will are intending to have some history & heritage info up in some form, and we also thought having some cars there would be good too.

But what else? Bring it on - we need ideas.

Please note that we have tried to get some of the GT-R concepts from Nissan. They weren't playing. Shame.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I'll get my thinking cap on.....

But off the top of my head ... I recall people weren't THAT interested in GTROC specific items (except the calendars) as they are not in the GTROC. What they MAY be interested in is more generic skyline items - such as Posters/A4 photo's, t-shirts with prints on, etc.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Scott said:
TV screen playing Skyline DVD's? (Not MAX Power type DVDs though)
How about pooling all our trackday video's and making a DVD for the shows?

I'm sure we will have some excellant footage, Brans, Silverstone, Spa, Isle of Man, Nurburgring, GT Battle, Elvington, etc, etc,:D

Is there anyone that could link them all together?

Andy.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Invite Hiroshi Tamura-San to come for the weekend?
Now that would get us publicity!

We should try selling GTROC T shirts etc

Maybe with a new slogan?

My car and I are avaliable to help, in any way we can, collectivly or individualy

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
I agree with the "generic" goods like T shirts etc.

The dvd's are a good idea if we can run a dvd & tv all day??

We probably need to concentrate on "what" we want people to see/find out and then HOW to deliver it, as well as merchandise.

So for example, we probably want a brief history of the Skyline.
The "current" models, the differences between them, how much they cost.
The buyers guides I did last year might help a bit but we need more "basic" lietrature - probably 1 page x A3.
Something about the new GTR concept car as well.

How to deliver - through written material, dvd's, pictures, models, fly sheets to take away (our website address, how to join, what we do), spec sheets of each car on display with photos "built in" [which people could take away??], the usual caps, t-shirts, umbrellas(?) etc.

What about a raffle - £3 per ticket - winner gets a free "track morning or afternoon" with GTROC, being taken round a circuit by, say, at least 3 cars for 20 mins each :D - might help cover costs.

I think my main concern about the stand last year was a decent table or two to set things out on (although I was so busy cleaning, I probably didn;t help as much as I should have!) - just an admin point.

Our calendars - let's sell off the "remaining" 2006 at severe discount - they'll be worthless to us by June so I don't think selling them to non members for, say, £3-4 would hurt - it's all money in the bag!!;)

Just a few ideas, not saying all would work or should be done:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts