GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share it. Get them Bracknell Tyres if anyone is interested. 01344-411323.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Ditto

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
They are great, I've just fitted 4 of them :D

2off 235x45x17 + 2off 255x40x17 for £460 fitted balanced and alignment checked.

MyTyres were quoting £450 delivered, no fitting etc.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Another place that does them cheap is Total Tyre in Binfield just down the road from Bracknell, 01344 450 586 usually get mine fitted and balanced etc for just over £60 each ( this is on my Cossie ), never found anywhere else cheaper

CheeRS

Mich

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Aren't you supposed to have 245/45/17's all round as different sizes can confuse the 4WD system???

And aren't 235's narrow for 9J wide???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry should have stated size. Standard R34 GTR ie 245/40 18. Didnt try Binfield but they may beat Bracknell on price seeing as they are almost neighbours.

Price is fitted. I was taken by the price as the alternative was SO3 at 172 a pop and they dont seem to last 5 minutes judging by some of the entries here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
F1's on std 18inch R34 wheels just under £520 for the set fitted. These were endorsed by Mark from Abbey who has always given me good advice. Mark also advised having the tracking done tho I opted not to do this as I checked the wera on the out going P-Zero's and the wear was completely even across the tyre. If this is not correct then I would appreciate any ones comments and why. Having now driven the car on twisty Berks/Surrey roads and the M25 my experience is excellant. The car feels completely different. Average speed can now be ludicrous compared to way too fast on the Pzeros. Time will tell as to the wear rate so for any one wanting a good tyre at a good price see my earlier post for details.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts