GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of looking, and one failed attempt at purchasing I finally picked up a GTR tonight :smokin:

Its a 1998 R33 with Abbey 1 bar ECU, Full Trust exhaust, Blitz Induction kit, AP 6 Pots, Nismo Dampers & Trust Springs, uprated gearbox and new clutch. Oh and its Red :cool:

Just driven it back from London tonight, and off to bed, I'll post some more when I've had time to play ;)

Jon

·
Registered
520 Posts
Nice one Jon. About time!

I was looking through some old Scoobynet posts earlier today and noticed that even back in May 2001 you were looking at buying a GTR!!! :D

Finally, you've got one. Well done.

Post some pics as soon as you can

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep...

GTR's first caught my eye just over a year ago, but thanks to various family and work commitments I've not had the time I needed to travel the country and find one (surprisingly enough very few come up for sale round here!)

Anyway I'm gonna rationalise the car collection and flog the Rover and skoda now and replace with a 306 or similar for some of the commuting and supermarket trips I think.

Can't believe its taken me so long to get one though, bet I wrote some bollocks on the old scoobynet threads too!!!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Finally!

There is a god!

Glad you have finally found her Polar you certainly did some looking for the one for you!

Enjoy, may be see you Gaydon in a few weeks?

..Ian

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Normal start, in here (Finsbury circus) for a 7;00 start!!

No such luxury as going for a drive, I get up at 5;30 to get here looking as presentable as I do for 7;00. So Id have to set the alarm for 4;00 to get a bit of pre work GTRidge in!

...Ian

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Sounds like you've got an absolute minter there!

AP 6-pots and Nismo adjustable suspension - in full Jazz club style, "nice" :smokin:

Give me a shout when you're in Trowbridge area, I wanna demo of just how good those APs are over standard ;)

Congratulations!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congratulations PBIT!!!

Hope you'll be very happy together!

Caroline and Simon

Sorry can't be any jollier - if you read the Nottingham meet thread you'll understand why.

S

·
0 Posts
Yay!

hey hey hey there!

Nice one bud, I am selling my 300zx to get me some hot sweaty RB26 action oh yeah.

If it takes me as long to find a pukka GTR as it did to find my lovely Zed, Ill be back here with a similar message around 2004.

Nice one and hope she makes you happy:)

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Whoops, didn't the advert say "never been used on the track":D
Only joking:)
Congratulations, nice car, nice colour, well looked after:D

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep...

...It is RGS's old car, only ever used on track I believe, but most things have been replaced, and apart from the odd scratch Abbey said it is in good nick! Managed to rack up 800 miles since Thursday :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts