GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title its not the bell housing as its not there all the time but when going over rough roads, going to take the bottom rear under tray off and inspect whats happening, anyone else have had this?
great start with my new car init!

Bobby

·
Vendor
1,667 Posts
Probably your brakes. The front floating brakes rattle and the rear caliper rattle is also common. I don't think you can fix the fronts but some people have found solutions to the rears with bending the clip or getting the new 2011 clip which has a design change I believe (not that it fixed it on mine when Nissan changed it under warranty on my last car).

Search for "Dinner Plate Rattle" and you'll see what I mean :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
If it sounds like keys jangling then it will be the brakes mate. Nothing to worry about.:thumbsup:
Was going to ask this question myself as mine has started doing it. Maybe didn't notice before the hot weather as the windows were up. Only notice it coming from the passenger side though when driving :confused:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Sounds like the brakes, common issue. And easily fixed, although I though MY11 had stronger plates to stop the rattle?

If your going over a bumpy road and can hear it, squeeze the brakes with your left foot. If the noise goes away you have your answer

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes think you are all right can hear it sometimes but not all the time its intermittent, had the car on ramp today and cannot see anything loose everything seems nice and tight, i know what my wife will say, you bloody spent over 40k for a car and its rattles like its going to fall to pieces, i think i will not let her open the windows and keep the volume up on the radio:D

Bobby

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I had this (MY12). Sounds like coins rattling in my wheels. Took it to Nissan and they Sade the brakes need another clip each, which they should charge for, but as a gesture of goodwill they would do for free... A gesture of goodwill, I didn't realise I was paying for a ****ing hobo to be sitting inside my wheels rattling his cup every time I went over a pebble on the road. (Sorry gesture of goodwill phrase pisses me off)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this the clips that make it rattle?

If it is question how do you or can you bend these to make them tighter, or is there updated ones you can buy?

Bobby

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhhhh i now know what it is thanks for the info, i now can see if i can get some stronger springs.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks mate will contact them next week see if they still have them.

bobby

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Probably your brakes. The front floating brakes rattle and the rear caliper rattle is also common. I don't think you can fix the fronts but some people have found solutions to the rears with bending the clip or getting the new 2011 clip which has a design change I believe (not that it fixed it on mine when Nissan changed it under warranty on my last car).

Search for "Dinner Plate Rattle" and you'll see what I mean :)
+1
kk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts