GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wooooooo!. All I can say is Wooooooooooooooooo!:runaway:

As a big Time Attack fan it's interesting to see some of the stuff used on the cars in other series around the world.:nervous:

·
Registered
571 Posts
are you sure its not photoshopped? something like that would totally screw up the aerodynamics

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
trackscotland.co.uk :: View topic - USA Time Attack Aero Package

say what you will about its looks, the wing works. World Racing recently destroyed the competition at the Redline Time Attack race at Willow Springs International Motorsports Park in Rosamond, Calif. Chris Rado drove the supercharged Scion to a first-place finish in the Front Wheel Drive Unlimited Class. He posted a class-record lap time of 1:22.623 and even dusted some rear-wheel driver cars to take fifth overall.

“Oh, the front wing, ha-ha, some people said it was crazy. Some people didn’t think we were serious, but the numbers speak for themselves,” World Racing said in a statement on its website.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I guess if I were competing, I'd want to win quite badly. But not sure I'd want to win THAT badly - I still can't look at that car without laughing hysterically.

racing FWD cars has resulted in some very out-of-the-box solutions, and none of them look remotely cool. But like some Honda Civic with stock rear wheels and enormous Top Fuel-sized drag fronts (I saw a pic of this once), if it gets results....

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Theory is sound I guess. Gives massive downforce on the front which is essential in a big powered FWD car.

I'm running a supercharged Type-R this year and I can get the front to turn in until I try and feed the power in and then the front just washes out and its wheelspin city and your fighting it all the way!
It really is a case of too much power through the front wheels but my god it's fun!:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts
Inspiration......

Caproni Ca-60

On a serious note - it's a perfect place for a wing - high up out of the aero effects of the main car body.

In mainstream motorsport structural failures outlawed these high wing cars.

It's about time someone made a proper 'sucker' car for time attack like the Chaparall 2J Can-Am at Laguna Seca: The Increbible Chaparral 2J

or the Brabham BT46B fan car.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Theory is sound I guess. Gives massive downforce on the front which is essential in a big powered FWD car.

I'm running a supercharged Type-R this year and I can get the front to turn in until I try and feed the power in and then the front just washes out and its wheelspin city and your fighting it all the way!
It really is a case of too much power through the front wheels but my god it's fun!:chuckle:
Theres no fun in wheelspinning FWD cars, just frustration! :chuckle:
I take it you have an lsd on the front to at least give you half a chance of using the throttle mid-corner? ;)

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
time attack cars are getting madder and madder. there is a 750bhp honda NSX thats cleaning up at the moment in USA & Japan. wont be long before it, or similar appears on these shores...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts