GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the gtr today. Awesome torque but sloooow top end. Stage 2 Litchfield fitted in August 2013. Are there new upgraded Maps available? How do I know if I have more than one map on the car??

Sounds like a pure animal. I have non res Y and race + system crazy sound. Stuck in south England traffic for over 3 hours was getting bored so was playing in 1 st gear. I think I kept some people entertained lol

6 hour old and I need more power lol.

Pretty underwhelmed power wise so far :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Stage 4 will liberate top end power (increase in inlet diameter - I am assuming you are 09/10 reg car) and downpipes (stage 4.25) will do a little more plus provide significant acoustic entertainment. Should that not be enough (630/640hp) then your into turbos, which will deliver 700hp then forged internals which will deliver 800hp+

if that isn't enough, you may have lost the sensation of your body parts as generally nothing this side of a dragster is particularly quicker.

Welcome to the forum by the way

EDIT: Just noticed you joined in 2004. Still a newbie though as you joined 7 months after me :D :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah in 2004 it was R33 or EVO5. EVO won as I have 3 kids. Kids all driving now so GTR it is.

I am use to fast cars and although it sounds amazing, it's not as quick as it sounds (yet).

Will deffo be going stage 4. Not sure I can be bothered with turbos but I guess it all depends how stage 4 performs.

First 200 miles i love it apart from the drone around 2k revs, wow that's loud!!!

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
With boost displayed on the TV and cruise NOT on, press and hold cruise cancel button, you should get a flashing 95/97/99/100 on the boost gauge, select 99 with the cruise faster/slower buttons. Press cruise cancel to select.
Then increase Max boost with cruise increase button.

An upgrade to v4 maps is also worth while as you get "pops and bangs", rolling boost, ltc, etc.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
paulmc, I was the same, I went from an fast Evo X to the gtr and wasn't totally happy with the mid-top end.. mine was stock 09 plate.. after a short while I got it modded to stage 4, then 4.25 and I'm happy with mid-top end, much better now... stage 4 doesn't change bottom end too much, well maybe a little but it doesn't need it as you know, as said down pipe's help the vocals and make the car feel more lively I've found.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With boost displayed on the TV and cruise NOT on, press and hold cruise cancel button, you should get a flashing 95/97/99/100 on the boost gauge, select 99 with the cruise faster/slower buttons. Press cruise cancel to select.
Then increase Max boost with cruise increase button.

An upgrade to v4 maps is also worth while as you get "pops and bangs", rolling boost, ltc, etc.

Some man, thanks for that. Deffo need pops and bangs:chuckle:

Was running 95 with 0.8bar oF boost, no wonder it felt flat top end.

Now running 97 and 1.1bar. loads better pretty bloody fast now.

I can't run 98 or 99 @ 1.2bar, HUGE power cut around 5500rpm. feels like a fuel cut. I though it was the esso fuel only 97 ron. I filled again with Nitro + but still them same.

Any one else had this problem?? What fuel you guys use??

Chronos, Will prob go as far as I can without doing turbos. plenty torque and not bad power now even on 97 map Awesome cars.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Purchased in Chichester...... That's an epic drive back chap :)

Car looks lovely!
Yeah long drive. Traffic was crazy. I left the place at 14:00 took 6 hours to get to out overnight stay in Preston.

It has Black wheels now. Looks mean!!

4:chuckle:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts