GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i won it at ebay japan. anyway, what i have in my GTR are basically stage 1 mods. Straight pipe, filters, Power FC, Boost Controller (which was basically useless), and Coils.

So upgrading my stock turbos will be a huge step up... What else should i add to ensure the safety and reliability of my engine and turbo? Intercooler? Injectors? anything else?

your advice is appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
You could use "search"
Assuming you are not rebuilding the engine.
Bigger Injectors
Programable or chipable ECU
Fuel pump
Intercooler.
A retune.
You could use RB20 AFM's if you got a pfc, but just buy the D-Jetro then you wont need any.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Mod's

Hi m8

You will need after market ECU so Power Fc or something + boost controller. So PFC boost control kit or AVCR etc...

Bigger injectors I wouldn't go less than 680cc

I would personally put on aftermarket turbo elbows and a Free flowing exhaust if you don't already haev them.

Air fow meters - Z32, Nismo, Mines etc...

You could really do with an uprated head gasket if you want to run much more than 1.2bar boost and if you are going to take the head off might as well put CAM's in at the same time Tomei Poncams or similar + Vernier pulleys. You dont have to do either of these but if you want the benefit of higher boost you will need to think about this or run the risk of damage.

If you don't already have it a hard pipe kit would be good. I would also consider a oil cooler to keep temps down as well. Again you don't have to do either of these but the standard boost pipes are prone to blowing off at higher boost. And you will start to get rising oil temps when giving it a little more with your right foot.

Kev

·
Registered
174 Posts
congrats man ... now you are at the stage of really driving the gtr with these mods ... good stuffs! and also many times has been said.... search some of the archives many been said on what should have been done. Just in general :

fuel pump,
600cc injectors,
ecu,
afm or map sensor if ur ecu support,
all all the rest can be leave at it is...but of course cams will be favourable!

and some cash !!! ahahhaha ! anyway .. enjoy !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank for all your replies. I'll also check the archives in this site. Anyway, all your summaries have helped too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts