GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what i need to know is what
mateirial do they use to magnetily heild speakes ?
because i need to stop them affecting the tv coz its gone half green!

cheers for any repliy

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I believe

lead is a material used to shield magnetic feilds.........Oh ,it was soooooooo long ago that I did at school................:(

·
Registered
326 Posts
bloody good memory then, I was obviously distracted when that was taught. I'm glad my parents spent good money on my education:D if only they knew;)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what i dont under stand is that the speakers are on both sides of the tv same disstance same position but the tv is only green on one half !!!
could it be somut in the tv or anything one side thats just on one side of the speakers are affected

does it matter how much lead or is the an alternative !
or where could i get lead maybe ?

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Try swaping the speakers from side to side. Does the tinge move to the other side of the CRT ? If it does, then its possible one of the speakers has a damaged magnet inside.

Does the TV ( You mean monitor ? ) have the green tinge when the speakers are removed ? If it does then you've probably killed one of the electron guns inside it.

You could try a sheet of tinfoil, temporarily draped between the speaker and TV, to see if the effect will be minimised, It may help to earth the the sheet of foil. If it does minimise the effect, then you could line (using glue) the interior of the speaker cabinet with the foil, or try RS Components for some graphite sheilding spray, this could be sprayed inside the speaker cabinet and inside the TV cabinet.

If the foil doesn't reduce / eliminate the flux leakage from the speakers when setup temporarily, then you'll probably never cure it.

Hmmm, takes me back to the early days of digital radio communications, the things we used to do to stop PC's causing interference. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts