GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i sold on my old rims that came with my 34 (ultralite nurburgrings in gold) which looked pretty much brand new lol

Anyway i ideally wanted a set of volk gtc's in gold but as most of ye know im still saving to vrt my 34 in Jan 2010 etc so i couldnt exactly fork out top price for volks. I ended up trawling the net for a wheel which i think would suit the car, i ended up picking another set of ultralites but this time they were GT-2's in Gold with a polished lip, really nice wheel imo.
Dont know how they are going to fair up with my 34 (black) but said i would give it a shot, worse case scenario is i sell them on when i have enough cash to buy the volks :)

Just looking for your opinion on the wheels and what ye think, I have no pics of them on the car as the rims are sitting here in boxes

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was offered a swap for a set of 19''volk (something like the te37) but almost anytime i see a 34 online they have the te37's on them, just want to have mine looking a bit different from others, but like i said once the car is vrt'd then i can concentrate on slapping a set of volk gtc's on it :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
They're a bit bling, but I think you can put almost any wheel you like on a 34 and it'll still look hard as nails.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
They aint bad mate. Its a wheel that could suit the 34, where as, you couldn't do them on a 32 or 33.

Do they do different colour spokes? I just aint over keen on gold wheels.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are 18'' lads :)

@ dean - ya mate different colours available, a silver and i think black also but these were the closest i could get to keeping the volk gtc look, i know it might be sad etc but i need to vrt the car before my skyline fun begins :)

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
I like those wheels on RX7's but they can cheapen the look of a GTR, i just love the originals if i'm honest!!

·
Registered
885 Posts
The look nice ,but then they dont.

hard to say really,but the only opinion that matters at the end of the day is yours and if you are happy then go for them.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fingers crossed they will look nice, if anyone had a few mins to spare could i trouble them to photoshop these onto a black 34 gtr if possible

Cheers Chaps

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Bling Bling !!!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
One of the things for me when I was buying a set of new wheels was to make sure the offset was correct, can't see the point in spending on new wheels to then put hub spacers on? (but thats just me), don't think the offsets of them wheels are good unless 15-20mm spacers are used for a GTR.

But I do quite like them:thumbsup: I got ultralites nur's in hyper silver which I think look pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
As usual with Ultralite/Rota they are copies of another wheel thats well known, but I cant for the life of me think what they were called.

I think Canman used to run a set in anthracite on his black 34.

I quite like the design, but the colour combination is a little too ostentatious for me, if the centres were in a grey or black I think they would look much better, but the reason 34's always wear TE37's is because they are simply the best wheel to suit the car ever imho and hence always look rock 'ard !!

J.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts