GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My GTR with the 2540s is running well and I am really satisfied with the top end. However, having driven my friend's lightly modded EVO VII, I am just envious of the EVO's low end. In drag events, I have had enough EVOs jumping about 2 cars ahead of me although my launching is near perfect.:(
My questions are:

- is there any NOS application to suit a GTR in order to prop up the lower end, say, up to about 4500-5000rpm after which the NOS is shut off (when the turbos are on full boost) ?

- would there be any side or adverse effect on the engine, turbos etc if NOS is used in that way?

- if there is any, what is the best brand and how much is the estimated cost

- where can I order one from?

Any comment from anyone who has experienced NOS in a GTR would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Did anybody read the comments about the car on the link that Brenham posted. What a laugh! :D

Just out of curiosity, in the main text does it say:

"Adding a NOS nitrous kit will make it a strong competitor, with 1/4 mile time in the 8's." or
"Adding a NOS nitrous kit will make it a strong competitor, with 1/8 mile time in the 8's".

If its the first... I think they better pass it round!:smokin:
If it's the second comment, what's impressive about that? :rolleyes:

Cya O!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
It was the 1st comment " 1/4 mile in the 8's....

Funny how the mods he has done to his all wheel drive car give it 440 bhp at the rear wheels !!.

looks like a cool project though, all those little pipes to polish of a Saturday morning....mmmmmmmm:D :D

any Idea how much they are charging for that set up ?

/Steve

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much for the article Brehnan. Appreciate it.
Does anyone know whether NOS hurts the engine as I have heard horror stories of NOS frying the pistons and the like?
SteveC, is it not possible to have 444hp at the rear wheels by dynoing the rear wheels only?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Is it just me or is that the R33 of fast and furious? It looks like it. I really dont like the stickers, how tacky.

Rob

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Just read all the comments at the bottom of the article. OMG!

Quotes: "He needs to get some glow in the dark furry dice and neon lights under the car"

"He should get some chromed wheels"

"I would put a pansonic CD player in it"

What are these people thinking of? Clearly the evil implications of the Fast and the Furious have not been fully realised yet. If they get their dirty DIY'ing hands on Skylines and start putting max power bits on them then I think this may become the New-NSX register bulletin board. :D lol

Just kidding, I'd kill them and take the car before I would disown the skyline :D

Rob

·
Registered
520 Posts
That is the car from 'The Fast and the Furious', obviously loaned to them by Motorex for use in the film.

Vennuth, what are you talking about? Some neons would improve the car no end. :cool: :p Dunno about the dice though. ;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
yes that is the car from fast and the furious , it is owned by motorex , and it has recently done a 10.7 @ 137 mph on standard internals , with 2530 turbos , Power FC and bigger injectors .

NOS is not dangerous at all , if it is installed properly and tuned with care it is no different to increasing the boost . it is hard on engines when people want more and more power from it , I think a 120 hp shot would be fine on a standard GTR if it was a 6 port system like in the article.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
NOS would be really interesting to see on a GTR, imagine all the power of a skyline with EVO bottom end performance :smokin:

Can NOS only sensibly be used below full boost or could it be used to increase power thoughout the range?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts