GTR Forum banner

got one so i thought i would introduce myself

4K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  davewilkins 
#1 ·
My name is Sam Elassar, i am also known as the Dentist, i have been around mapping and tuning cars for about 10 years now. i went for a test drive couple of weekends ago after reading this forum and managed to get myself a black edition from my local dealer. i am still running the car in but this car is fantastic. i have owned many subarus and evos, i still even own a 1000bhp+ evo drag car. but the GTR has reignited my passion again.

this car is phenomenal and has a huge potential to explore :D

i now cant wait till i get the running in done so i can start exploring ;)

sam

See less See more
#10 ·
how are you doing julian, so what did you think of the evo xrs ?

i just got of the evo after tuning few evo x, it has lost the punch you used to get with the earlier ones.

still speak to dave occasionally , he is now working with at JR motorsport so he is gone full time while for me i still have my day job and i stopped travelling as much. i like to spend my weekends with my family :)

#12 ·
hi mark

i have been lucky, i phoned around and got myself a car within a week in the spec and colour that i wanted. middlhurst had 3 cars but not the colour i was after, my local dealer had a cancelled order that i ended up getting. otherwise i would have had to wait till march/april next year!!

i got my car unregistered and at dealer prices. so all worked out perfect.

if you want one you are quicker phoning all the dealer and finding one :)

#14 ·
Hi Sam,

I am another who has come from Evo land having owned 7 Evos to date. You may remember me as you and Dave installed a Motec on my VIII MR and I believe it was the first MR you did, and it went very well.

All being well I should be picking up a Black Edition on Tuesday now I have a deposit for my 997. Can't wait to see what you get up to with the GTR as these things re not to be left standard.

David.

#16 ·
hi david

i remember we did it on the dyno that day did we not :)

i take it you are getting a 997 turbo? i looked at them before i got my GTR. i just could not make up my mind/something about it did not speak to me so it will be interesting to see how you feel when you have them both.

#17 ·
Mr elassar. Soon as i saw that name it brought back memories of picking you and richy (white 6 RS) up from swansea after his car let go and hammering that poor golf all the way to bristol airport haha! :D, still cant believe to this day we made that.lol Nice to see you are on board fella. Ive got a black edition DMG on its way. Should be with us december time-ish. :) opps that reminds me got to sell the evo 9 now if you know of anyone whos after a mint one with very low milage indeed? ;)

Jono

#18 ·
Sam
The X RS is by far the best Evo incarnation I have owned. Ecutek (400/400 is easy), Exhaust and Eibachs is really all you need to make an awesome road car. The chassis is simply in another class compared to previous models. The finish is better but not GTR quality and really wanted to get down to one car rather than 2. For a track tool, I still beleive the 6 RS is the one to have though...

#19 ·
Hi Sam, welcome over. The GT-R looks fab and I think you have set the record for the fastest purchase. Most on here have waited over a year or are still waiting!

I can't wait to see the direction your car takes. The Access Port has excited people loads so far, but your tweaks to the car should be the next level.

#21 ·
Welcome to the forum. As a good friend of (the now Swedish:chuckle:) Jeff Stokes, I have had to suffer many sprint defeats due to your mapping:chuckle:
IIRC you did his teeth as well:chuckle:
Went out in the passenger seat of an R35 'off road' a week ago, and I have to say I am impressed ith the performance:smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.