GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may or may not know, my Skyline ownership did not start off as I would have hoped :( Had the car for about 3 - 4 weeks only to find it had a cracked head :bawling:.

Rather than throw all my toys out of my pram I decided to go ahead and get it all sorted out. The car was otherwise a good example, so off to Abbey for the magic to happen.
During the course of the surgery, new turbo's were put in GT-SS's as well as a host of other things that Mark and Scott thought needed doing were taken care of.
I was getting a little worried that I would be GTR-less over the Chrimbo period but the guys worked hard and it was ready to pick up on Friday. Somehow......they have transformed the car quite nice to abolutely brilliant! The difference was remarkable, its not only more responsive, predictable, fast and easier to drive in all conditions, but smoother on idle, and generally a more forgiving car when pulling away (twin plate clutch and all that).....absolutely bloody fantastics! :D

I got home after a measured drive and could not stop :D :D :D

I do not think I will be hunting more power for quite some time, its making about [email protected] on 1.1 bar pull 370 ft/lb's of torque from around 3500 rpm.

Absolutely chuffed to bits :smokin:

·
Registered
594 Posts
congrats fella , all's well that end's well:thumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I have to say I am really happy.
Grabbed a cheeky lift from the Station to Abbey (thanks Mark).
I have never seen a car looking so clean and ready to go :D
The car used to have a tendency to stall when you pulled off (which I thought was down to the cams and the twin plate), that just does not happen now. I was really expecting to just get the car back fixed but it is much MUCH better.
Acceleration is smooth, no surging like there was before. Even on part throttle at motroway speeds there is little to no "coughing/shuffling" which I associated with the MAP sensor setup. Scott did a great job.
Mark is a bit of a perfectionist so set about tidying up the engine bay too. It now looks nice and tidy with no pipes rubbing and all that.
I need to get some pictures up (chance to use my new Christmas pressie too ;) )

·
Registered
378 Posts
It's so worth it in the long run isn't it? I hate being without my car,Mine's been sat in my garage for 3 months, can't wait for the sunny weather to start again!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will need to get the brakes done in a few months.
By "done" I mean replace rotors and possibly a caliper refurb.
And tyres, I'll need new tyres all round. Then I can get on with the business of enjoying the car over the Summer!
Got a bit of a leaky boot too :( .... have to sort that out

Oh the list will continue to grow I am sure but for now I am just happy to know the car is fit as a fiddle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts