·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
If you have an import car you can get away witha smaller plate

did you "tug" him or her back ?

·
Registered
496 Posts
It's a risk you take. I assume you just have to get the plate changed and then take it to an MOT test centre for confirmation?

Probably simpler not to give them cause to pull you over in the first place.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Christ alive, don't you just love Traffic cops? Do they go home fulfilled thinking, 'yep I really nailed it today' after stopping you for a small plate? Jeez.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I have to say I never understand the anti-police attitude.

Just because it's a minor thing, it's still wrong.
Do we only stop people for serious things and say small ones are OK?

Feel free to commit any minor crime as you won't be caught anymore.
I'm off to mispace my plates in that case so they can't be picked up on ANPR.

Lets get real.
The car has an illegal plate on it, it got stopped and the driver told.
Shame they don't do that more IMO, there are some shocking doctored plates around.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I have to say I never understand the anti-police attitude.
Because it's easy, that's why. I don't understand why someone has a car the size of a house and then puts a postage stamp size number plate on it but there you go, personal choice again.

Hypothetically, if a car with an illegible number plate knocked someone down and killed them, and witnesses couldn't get the reg number because of the small size or obscurity, would it still only be a minor issue? I know it's a 'what if' but a lot of the time the 'what if's' turn into 'how did that happen?'.

The Police have a thankless task and, whilst I don't agree with some things they do, it's a job I could never do myself.

Plod undoubtedly read stuff on forums and they must sit there shaking their heads at times.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Graham doesn't appear to be complaining too much that he got pulled though, only 1x sad face...................

Don't worry I won't take the piss on Sunday afternoon :p

·
Registered
610 Posts
Its alright with this don't slag off the police attitude. But if they shown some consistency it might not P people off as much. How many of you see people reversing out of their driveway onto a main road ? Driving in the middle lane. I read that a law had been passed for that and you can be pulled and fined. About time it was enforced. It is also balls that anpr can't pick up wrongly spaced reg plates.
Cyclists riding on non cycle path payments or with no lights. I have actually witnessed this and questioned a copper at the next set of lights. He said he had better things to do than pull over a cyclist.
BTW my GTR looks loads better without a number plate on the front at all lol. Only been pulled once and the officers agreed it looks better without it pmsl

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It never bothered me the £60, it will pay for his Xmas din din, o and plod got his camera out and took loads of photos of the car,

Oi lads gather round and look at what I pulled over today:chuckle:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Traffic police are largely stealth tax collectors, nothing more, nothing less. House or business broken in to - the only point of contacting the police is for a crime number. A copper as much told me that when my business got broken in to. 'We won't catch them - claim off your insurance' was the attitude. So I did not swell with respect for the police when, driving back home, there was a gaggle of them on the side of the road nicking people for speeding. Not outside a school either - oh no! On a relatively deserted stretch of road leading up to a national speed limit zone. Seems like they can be asked to solve 'crime' after all - as long as they can make a few quid from it.

A lot of police assume because the stride about in uniform they are to be given respect as a matter of course. Thing is, like everyone else, they have to earn it. Their behavior often ensures that they don't.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It never bothered me the £60, it will pay for his Xmas din din, o and plod got his camera out and took loads of photos of the car,

Oi lads gather round and look at what I pulled over today:chuckle:
He was probably taking the pics of your car to prove you had an illegal number plate, should you decide to challenge the fixed penalty and take the matter to court. Just a thought, people often jump to the wrong conclusion.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts