GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i,ve had a fair few runs on it as a gotta drive on it to work

But not to long ago i flew past mr plod at ......ooohhhh must of been just shy of 170 and wud of luved to of seen ther faces lol
Suppose its a perk of working over here that and cheap as shit fuel ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha that wa that day,
av done 185 but its hard with the awesome german drivers out here just pulling on you

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Isn't there a limit of how fast you can do on winter tyres?

170-180 is insanely fast on public roads - definitely excites senses :D

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Envious of you Scotty. Your post reminds me of driving across Germany on the way to Austria last year. The road surface seems to be so much better over there and seems there is good etiquette amongst fast and slow drivers alike. Its certainly where I ve driven fastest on a public road. Had a lot of fun with the Audis, BMs and Scoobs I encountered. How much longer are you posted out there for?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Envious of you Scotty. Your post reminds me of driving across Germany on the way to Austria last year. The road surface seems to be so much better over there and seems there is good etiquette amongst fast and slow drivers alike. Its certainly where I ve driven fastest on a public road. Had a lot of fun with the Audis, BMs and Scoobs I encountered. How much longer are you posted out there for?
Yer it is gud fun on there crafty lol,
Av just found out today that ive got 1 yr left out here so gotta make the most out of it now, theres a really good car scene out here so deffinatly organising a few trips to the ring before i come bk,

We should get a group of gtr,s over ere CHEAP FUEL FOR EVERY1 lol

·
Registered
723 Posts
When I went on the autobahn, I got scared when there was what looked like a very complex array of cameras! Soon realised it they wern't speed cameras and I was indeed still in an unrestricted part mind :)

Only did ~135 in my S2000 with the roof down when I went though, car just didn't have the power to go any faster - might've done with the roof up but it was a lovely sunny day :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you offering? lol You have a GTR Scotty, what are they going to say when they find out you've bought enough fuel to fill a C130! haha
Itd be good to do a group trip down ere,
And fuel a get 400 litres a month so a few fuel cans from work and 100 litres a week fill up sorted ;)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
When I went on the autobahn, I got scared when there was what looked like a very complex array of cameras! Soon realised it they wern't speed cameras and I was indeed still in an unrestricted part mind :)

Only did ~135 in my S2000 with the roof down when I went though, car just didn't have the power to go any faster - might've done with the roof up but it was a lovely sunny day :D
Those gantries spooked me too! In this vid around the minute mark might have blue spotted the discs because of one :rolleyes:

·
Registered
941 Posts
I've only driven through German once, think there were only a few unrestricted parts of the Autobahn the entire way and on the return journey in much better weather the best stretch was ruined by the local Harley 'Gang' taking up the whole road going 50mph

·
Registered
356 Posts
i was stopped by the police on the run out of Dusseldorf doing 223mph and got a severe telling off, i just nodded a lot and said i would slow it down a bit, so although no limits if the police think your being a bit too mad they can give you a pull.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Haha that wa that day,
av done 185 but its hard with the awesome german drivers out here just pulling on you
I got to 187, even got the wife to take a photo before running out of road , very hard to get enough space

·
Registered
737 Posts
i was stopped by the police on the run out of Dusseldorf doing 223mph and got a severe telling off, i just nodded a lot and said i would slow it down a bit, so although no limits if the police think your being a bit too mad they can give you a pull.
How did they catch you !!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts