GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Any body going to the Castle Combe track day on 25th Aug to spectate? If you are a member you can get in to watch for free, so I've been told, on production of a current membership card. The action starts at 9:00am, but I shan't get there until 10:30 - 11:00. I will have a spare seat if any one wants picking up on the way from Guildford Surrey. The drive won't be that quick as I'm still running in my car.

Also if anybody wants to meet up for an evening pint Surrey/Sussex way, I'm up for it as "Kim" suggested in one of her postings.

Rgds

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
grp b car club meet

I might go on saturday but I don't know for sure yet.
Advert for spectators is in classifieds in motoring news this week.
I spoke to Peter Meaney and he said that group b members with a members card are free, others are £5. Track time is 9-5 with a lunch break.
If you feel like a go, bring your helmet and ask for a reserve spot and you might get a go on the track.
Dave

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
I'll be there

I will be there with chriscoulton. Don't know who is driving yet so it will be in my skyline or his sunny gtir. Will park next to track just before last corner (to the right when you come into circuit entrance). should be there 10.30 ish.
Dave

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Castle Combe

Hi

Still going on Saturday, hope to arrive about 10:30am. Will leave Guildford about 8:45 going via A31 hog's back to M3 link then Bracknell onto M4. Anyone want to meet up on way let me know.

Rgds

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
meet

Hi all,
We are coming down from derby at 8.30. Should get there at 10.30. Will look out for you. Coming in Chris's GTiR as everyone says my car costs too much in petrol compared to their cars (tank of fuel to and from CC if I cruise!). Anyway we will be their in our group B GTir. What are you doing Kim And Toni?:confused:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Castle Coombe

Hi y'all
just seen the thread.......I'll be down in Poole tonight(Friday) and was going back to "The Smoke" saterday morning with a thick head..........however what better way of blowing out the weeds than a bit of spectating at CC.........so I'll be there...I think......uh get to the end of the road in Poole and turn left instead of right????.......oh well I'll just head for Swindon
Regards
wroestar
:D :D :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Castle Combe

Hi Everyone

Looks like it will be a great day, unfortunately, due to a day out on the waters of the Solent today, I have to work, so won't be able to come along.

Hope you all have a great day, and look forward to hearing about it all on the message board.

Mind the second corner, it looks like the first (which is just a kink in the track), but I have raced my 3.1 Capri at CC, and watched other guys find out the hard way... Wheels locked up, tyres squealing, tyre smoke belching...

Hope to join up with the Hampshire/Berkshire guys soon. Just need to set a date for the West Meon Hut...

At the end of the month looks favourable... let us know. We'll be there.

Kim and Toni
Him and Her

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Great Day Out

Hi, had a great day. We took part in the parade lap at 1.00 for group B cars (bit faster than a parade), sat in with wroestar. Highlights....formula saloon lotus esprit & RS500, dialynx audi coupe (600+bhp?) and a certain Maurice Reeves (see owners' cars) in a mk1 golf with a 'very fast' audi turbo engine going like a rocket. Sad to see novice caterham driver at Quarry bend come in to corner with front wheels locked up and not let off. Golden rule broken....straight into tyre wall...bent car:(
Will go again....would like to take part....not much run off though
Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts