GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
I read that a while ago John, the bloke is a bit of a drama queen really.

Interesting read though:)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the distinct impression he was just using the article as a means to test drive it, and then go home and say he was happy to drive a GM truck (coz that's all he can afford:) )

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Weirdos

Maybe they should rename that article "Downgrading the GT-R" ... I think comparing an R32 GT-R to a new WRX is a touch unfair .. the WRX weighs 200Kg less for a start, not to mention being atleast 10 years newer :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Yea...what about comparing modified "lesser" cars to a standard GTR?? What is up with that?:confused:

These people sholud get a crash course in fair motor journalism:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Ok so we maybe a touch biased but I certainly dont believe that article has taken the correct "like-for-like" approach to comparison. Oh well ... we know the truth :D

If he prefers his Supra or Impreza ... he's welcome to em' ... As much as I like them both - they are in no way a comparison to the Skyline in my opinion :)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I'm seriously wondering if that bloke actually ever drove a skyline?!

His comments on steering just don't make sense, he makes no mention at all of the 4WS, He think's the car is supposed to be 4WD (in reality it's RWD with an extra bonus).

He contradicts himself when talking about handling... One paragraph he complains that the cars in the pictures were barrel rolling at 50Kmh round a bend, and then in the next paragraph he is on about the suspension being too stiff. What does he want?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
It sounds to me as though he is reading what he wants into the cars, I believe his opinions of the Skyline were formed long before he actually drove one... :rolleyes:

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,598 Posts
Two pot front brakes?
ONE pot rear?

He should look harder.:p

He does sound like someone who has just jumped in for a blat and
is surprised to find he can't use his STI driving techniques in it.:rolleyes:

Wayward back end and not feeling secure are the thought I
used to have before I started to LEARN how to drive GT-R's.

Oh well not bad for his first article.:p :p

3/10 Must try harder and not write ill informed crap!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Julian Edgar did own a R32GTR. He got it after a WRX. When he drove the GTR he didn't like the way the ATTESSA worked, so he turned to G sensor around sideways. Said it was a little better, but then also said it wasn't behaving like a 4WD. I think he did something really stupid like replaced the ATTESSA with a fixed 4WD system......... needless to say, he is a prize [email protected], who should never have been allowed to drive a Skyline, let alone buy one.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That guy just clearly jealous that he can't afford to own a GTR.

I believe some of the things he said is true, some of them not true at all.

But afterall, the GTR is my dream car, it is the car I love the most.

Yes some cars come close in performance to the GTR, but they are not a GTR.

The WRX STi is a decent car, I am considering buying one, the reason is so I don't want to put so many miles on the GTR, I want to preserve the GTR. I can put all the miles I want on the WRX and I don't care about it, because I have no love for the WRX :D The WRX is also a cheap car to replace if anything happen to it. The WRX is cheap because it is a cheap car. The GTR is expensive for a reason :p

Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts