GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the meeting at the Grasshopper Inn is still on in November and when it is ?

I can see it on the main meetings page but no mention of a date anywhere.

Maybe I just missed a thread somewhere else about this .................

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Jez,

The last time a Grashopper meeting was discussed it eventually became the meeting at The Magpies in/near Amersham. That was a few weeks ago now, see "it's about time". Failing that I know a Sussex meeting is being talked about, see "Sussex Meet".

Regards
John

·
Registered
534 Posts
Grasshopper

We just need to pick a day ... what about

Saturday the 17th of November from 11:00 onwards at the Grasshopper?

Cheers

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,604 Posts
Calender ????????

Gents,

Just a note to all.

Can planned/confurmed events be added to this boards calender, (At the top),
so we can all see what is when.

I recently added the next dyno and track days myself, as too many
dates were going around my little napper.

Just thought this may make things easier for us all.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good to me !

I'll book the day in before the missus decides it is 'allocated' :cool:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Calendar

Yup, it's pretty usefull ... I tend to put in the up and coming meetings as I go.

Cheers

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Carefull Glen thats 2 weekends on the trot you will be out and about :D
Are you sure you heart can that the pressure :p or will you lower the boost :eek:
See you sunday
Best regards Alan :D

·
Registered
694 Posts
Count me in too peeps :D

I was going to be laying a laminate floor at home that day, I think I could delay it another day though ;)

I take it that it will be the usual time, 11ish onwards :confused:

Shaun.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Laminate Flooring

Dear r33gtsman

And you'd rather come to a Skyline meet :confused: .

Is it the self-locking type or the tongue and groove type. Are you fitting a beading or taking the skirting board off. I know taking the skirting off can be a pain but you do get a much better finish and allowing for a larger gap means that the flooring can move easier. Especially as winter is now upon us this is important.

Where did you get the flooring as B & Q have got quite a range nowadays which isn't too bad a quality as it goes. They sold some really nasty stuff a couple of years back but they have got their act together now at last.

Didn't believe me did you :rolleyes: :D .

glen

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hi Glen,

It's the self locking type & I am still trying to make my mind up weather to take the skirting off or leave it on & go for the finishing strip as well. Mmm..... Decisions desicions !

I got the floor via a recommendation from a 'friend in the trade' from a place called Image Wood Flooring in Benfleet, I have never ever seen such a range of wood flooring & the staff are extreemly helpfull as well ! Bloody good prices too !! I agree with you though in that B&Q definately have got thier act together with their range of flooring nowadays !!

If you would like to come round and help me lay the floor Glen then you are more than welcome, as i'll probably need all the help I can get !!!! :D :D

Shaun. :smokin:

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
On me hands and Knees

Whhhhhhaaaaaaattttttt.

Cough Cough Splutter Splutter. Would love to give you a hand Shaun but I'm errrrrrrr ummmmmm, AHA, washing me hair for the next month or so. Sooooooo sorry mate to let you down and all that.

Let me know how you get on. I tell you what, even better, take some pics and stick 'em up on the site ;) .

:D

glen.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
2 questions (regarding the meet, not the new floor !)....

1. Where is this place ?

2. Would you mind of a non-skyline came along ?

If i'm free that day, i'd like to tag along / be nosey !

Cheers
Daz
http://www.myselector.freeserve.co.uk

·
Registered
694 Posts
Glen,

Yeah, I thought that people helping me lay the floor may be out of the question !!!! I dunno, all these excuses that people make eh !! I guess I will do the floor on my own then ! :mad:

I dunno about putting pictures up on the site though Glen, although I will gladly post some to you if you really want me too !

Daz,

I am sure that you will be more than welcome at this meet, the Grasshopper is located just off the M25 near westerham, there was a link to this place floating about some time ago where you could get a map, I dunno where it is now though !! It is dead easy to find though.

Shaun.
:smokin:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Just done some wood flooring last week.
B&Q stuff with locking groove.
Took the skirting board off.
Nice job.
Recommend it.

·
Registered