GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good turn out on saturday , good to see all the old faces etc.
Just one problem I had a visit from the local police this morning!!!
Asking questions about the few Skylines doing fly bys past the grasshopper , they have got your Reg numbers, you know who you are, be warned for next time. Luckly one of the local police has a GTS or I think we will all be in trouble.

Mark

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Flypasts

As was said on a thread elsewhere, we might lose the use of the Grasshopper if the fly-bys continue. Last time we had a complaint from a local resident, this time the police.

It will not be a great ending to our Skyline meets if there is a big accident or people end up in court on charges of dangerous driving.

The other threat is that if the police want to pay attention they will do so by checking the legalities of all the vehicles, ie chassis numbers, reg plates sizes, etc etc. This is what they do at some cruises and they also video all vehicles for potential evidence of wrongdoing - we do not want this happening!!!!!

Guy

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Well said !

I had this concern with bolney (on both occassions). The first meet had several people doing fly-bys (in cramped space at stupid speeds)...and i made of point of letting people know i wasn't impressed with it.

The second meet we had, had none at all (and I went to the effort of letting the police know about the event and welcoming them to have an attendance with a view to stopping it).

Obviously you guys aren't going to want this (and don't really need it because you haven't got 500+ cars turning up) but it does go to show they are aware of what's going on.

Sensible heads at all future meets guys. It's always tempting to show what our motors can do, but there's a time and place - the 'hopper not being that place.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Fly bys...

To all attendees Grasshopper 4th May 02,

I have already made my apology to Glen regarding my be it half hearted run up the road. I am usually a stickler for the rules but found myself egged on in to a passenger ride to show off the new bits.

Its not big and its not clever and I should have said NO!, I came past the Grasshopper on half throttle much to my passengers disgust but only because i'd near scared myself to death coming over the blind brow at near 100 mph.

We don't want to lose our relationship with the grasshopper or more importantly cause an accident. Lets not get this great club of ours in to any trouble.

I hope my apology is accepted.

Regards Ian Sutton.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
We're all mates

and I don't think its caused any lasting problems (fingers crossed.) Lets face it, it was a lot better than last time so things are getting better.

Oh and me and Daz had a lovely sedate cruise down to Boxhill, didn't we Daz :smokin: . Not like you madmen I heard :D .

glen

ps. Gary. You must have the fastest 'stall' in the country :) .

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Speeding

Cannot understand the fascination with speed. We left the grasshopper in an orderly fashion, obeying the speed limits, carried this onto the M25 and peeled off in an orderly fashion. Oddly enough, when off the M25 we heard police sirens racing round the M25 behind us. Must have been after someone speeding. You know who you are (4 R32 GTR's, GTS, GTiR, Scooby etc.)
Dave
p.s. all above ;)
Seriously though, too many cars are pulling out of side road opposite grasshopper slowly so drive by's are an accident waiting to happen. 'Ten of the best day' is the day to prove how fast we are:)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Have to say I was in a pack of cars (blue Scoob) heading towards Boxhill rarely did we exceed 90 rarely.

There was a certain silver R34 behind trying hard though ;)

On a serious note maybe one or 2 drive bys were excessive but in all I thought it was a well behaved turn out, sorry the ecilop got involved. then again we were the last to leave to go to Boxhill so I don't know what those that went before us were like.

SJD

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Paul you is propa guilty mate..

how many test drives did you undertake? You fed up with that 34 then?
Also a certain tuner done a few runs and he is supposed to be running it in.
Tut tut.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
A sense of proportion

I don't think people taking the cars out for a drive is wrong. With the different set-ups people have - tryes/wheels, suspension, engine, exhaust etc. its no wonder people want to compare. I don't think that should be discouraged, after all it's part of the fun.

But, if you are going to have a play with someone elses machine, please be sensible.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Your all Bloody maniacs, is all I have to say....

:D

We were lucky on the M25 though me thinks.......:rolleyes:

Lots of points equals no License, no skyline....... sad Si...:(

Thats what slows me down....

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Welchy

Jealousy will get ya nowhere son . :p :D

Next meet I'm going out in your white monster ! :D

I heard rumours it's running at 333bhp/233 ft/lbs is that true ?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I was

I was running it in,thats why my runs were sedate, i was merly checking out the new nf you know new toy and all that, but agree with the posts
Gary

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Paul.

you can kiss my ring beatch.
I have heard about your lawnmower antics.
no it's 33.3cms and it wieghs 12lbs.

It may show its face on saturday...be afraid.

:D

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
GRASS SKIPPER

I WASNT THERE, WISH I WAS, SORRY FOR THOSE WHO MISSED ME COMPANY, STAG DO DIVERTED MY ATTENTION ALL WEEKEND.

TELL YA WOT THOUGH, REGARDLESS OF STUPIDNESS, I WOULD HAVE DONE A FLY BY AND NOT FELT GUILTY AT ALL, GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE WHO DID ONE, HOPE IT SOUNDED GREAT, SORRY I MISSED IT/THEM.

ESPECIALLY THE PURPLE MONSTER UNDER 3000RPM:D

NEVERMIND SENSIBLE, FLOOR IT EVERYWHERE, WHO CARES.

DIRK DIGGLER.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Oh here we goes again !

Here is a nice quite fly by just for you Glen .........

Bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooommmmmmmmmm.

How was that one mate ? :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts