GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can i say, another great meet. Great weather, great motors, great turnout ! (anyone count ?).

Thanks to Ian for organising it....

Great to catch up with everyone again....all your motors are looking awesome.

Boxhill was great too (like a mini bolney, only squeezed in to a tighter space !). A great turnout of cars....a really good variety. I also think it was the most skylines that have been down to any of the japukmeets held at boxhill (so thanks to everyone who came along).

Hopefully i'll see you all next week at the rolling road day (i'll need to follow someone from this area up to Tuning Japanese as i have no idea where it is !).

Cheers,
Daz

PS Last, and by no means least, thanks to Mark & Tony at Abbey for doing a great job on my motor yet again.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Have to agree with you Daz, top day all round. Never been to the Grasshopper before and I had to leave early, but it was well worth it, and I have to say I've never seen a Skyline washed so quickly :D

Ged

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah......that was amusing....and i have a photo of it being washed - i'll compress it down and post it on the board for all to see :D

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
905 Posts
A big Thank you to all todays people for making a newcomer very welcome. What a great day, and specially the M25 Crazy Crew (You know who you are) never seen nothing like it.......

Si:D :D
Caroline 2!!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Grasshopper today

Yes, what another great day out at both the Grasshopper and Boxhill, great to see everyone again and see the look on peoples faces when I turned up in the R33 V-spec !! (where's my bank managers No again ????).

Si, I like the comment about the M25 crazy crew !!! Glad you enjoyed the run down there mate. The trip home was just as entertaining !!!

Great cars & Great people, what a club we have here eh !!

See everyone again soon, jetting off to the states for two weeks now so take care everyone.

Cheers

Shaun :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
BEST CAR THERE!

Thanks for the great company today.
My car didnt stand out too much did it:D
Thanks to mini me for donating some of his dinner to the cause & for getting the cypriat chef to gob in my dinner...

Lucky I had directions for Boxhill for some of you guys eh??
Just dont mention the scooby to me!!

Dont forget your buckets & spades for next Sunday!

·
Registered
549 Posts
what a day

What a great day, got my first ride in a skyline, still can't belive how fast. Nice to put some face s to names. Thanks to Shaun for the demonstration of an r33 gtr, will stay in my memory for a long time.

BTW my missus made the chef laugh so thats gotta count for something.

poor old rover just couldn't cut it on the way to the m25 never mind.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My first Sline meet today very civilised indeed :)

Nice to meet alot of peeps Paul and the bloke with the slow Evo 6 ;)

My Sline will be back soon from Rods and the Impreza sold Me hopes.

SJD

·
Registered
48 Posts
Grasshopper

Good to catch up with everyone plus good to see a few new faces.............

Gary - Thanks for bringing all the goodies..............................

Hopeful see some of you at LeMans.................

Andrew

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ah Le Mans I will be rearing my ugly head at the sacred race along with Ian N1 and a few others.

Tokyodrew were you the guy I was talking to with Ian that had the black R34. The nicest car at meet award would be yours if so my man ;)

SJD

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi Guys!!

Draxx's in the shower so I can sneak onto the computer for five minutes:p !!!

Great day yesterday - still smiling today....

Good to meet so many of you. Hopefully, I'll get my normally aspirated taxi baby turboed soon so I can keep up (kinda!!) with you lot.

Nick - thanks for the box - fits a treat - my first self fitted part - yey!!!!:D
Don't laugh boys - I have to start somewhere!!

See you all next time.

Caroline

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Grasshopper

Another good meet .
It was very good to see the old faces and a few new one too !

A big thank you to Ian S. for organizing it all for us and for letting me drive that AWESOME N1 engined car of his . Shame he can't handle all the power yet ..........:D .

Also to that Scooby gate crasher :p :D who let me drive it . WOW what a car .The acceleration was frantic (given a bloody quick wrist (!) to change gears with every second) and it would have probably put a few of our Skylines to shame . It certainly had a certain silver coloured Evo 6 on the day ! Shan't tell who it was though lest embarrassment is bought upon the poor unfortunate chap. Mums the word geez.....Heh heh . I'll guess you'll be on the phone to Mr. HKS in the morning .

Weka was also kind enough to let me have a spin in his luverly 2530'd R34 with some very nice water injection . Very sorted car but shame about the colour mate .......

I believe a good time was had by one and all and that more meets should be organised and maybe a bit futher north to allow all the Midlanders/Northeners to make it .

How about another Gaydon or something similar ?

·
Registered
248 Posts
A Scooby backing of the end of an Evo never :) :smokin:

Paul nice meeting you I shall be skylined up at the next meet. And you can keep your wrist action to yourself next time.

Ian S driving Miss Daisy as usual ;) Money well spent if you ask me.

SJD

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Agreed We NEED a meet like Grasshopper up here... Not many of us from "Up North" can get down to essex or where ever... Is there anyone planning to do a good midlands/northern meet...:D Donnington was ok but the track is a little short and not many nice long straights to do 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs...

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
GTR.CO.UK

Gaydon. Use gtr.co.uk, events, 2001, july. Pictures from meeting at heritage museum and link to the place. Map should be on there!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts