GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So had the 35 out to play today which was epic fun....I think the combination of damp and cold roads made the thing a right handful but my god did i enjoy it....the wife....not so much:chuckle: The traction control light got a right good workout!

However the car developed a huge problem......the CD player seems to have developed a squeak that i am sure you must all have heard at some stage today....it's that bloody loud and annoying it was drowning out the engine and exhaust.

So does anyone have a guide on pulling it out....i am sure there have been a few threads on this but can find any on the search. Think i need to separate the unit and the face and get some anti squeak padding or tape or something in there??

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hey steve.. I believe this is quiet common lol and i remember reading a thread on this ages ago but cant find it :s.. But basically there was an easy solution to it by getting a thin dark piece of card or something and jamming it into one of the sides lol.. Seems to stop the noise and is barely noticeable :p

My GTR has also recently started this annoying creak with the CD player housing :( However it doesnt seem to be as loud as yours.. When i get back to london will try and experiment with it a little and keep you posted.. Let us know how you manage to fix yours..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts