GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we've all harped on about what an amazing machine this is in terms of top speed and acceleration but i never thought i'd be singing its praises as a great long distance car. I've just driven it on a 400 mile round trip (mainly motorway driving) up North and back.

Stuck it in cruise control and it averaged 25 (even with a few moments of enjoyable acceleration - we'll leave it at that). I even found the ride pretty good and it feels so 'planted' on the road. My bad back showed no signs of playing up either.

Loved it - but it is too easy to get to 3 figure speeds i would guess...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Totally agree, had a drive up from Gt Yarmouth to scarborough and back. No problems, found in really comfortable, as did the 7 yr old in the back. I couldn't have done that run in the porka without stopping for a stretch or three. The only issue I had was the speed creeping up on me without noticing it. The only cabin noise is tyre noise, no wind, so every time I hit a nice bit of fresh smooth tarmac the noise levels dropped and before I new it I was well into 3 figures.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I find you can't set the cruise control at 70 with the Milltek Y-Pipe as that's bang on when it's loudest. Less instrusive at a speed 10miles either way ;)

But yeh the thing eats miles. Last Thursday i drove to Carlisle and back just to get the miles done i needed for Optimisation. I found a nice convoy down and back. The cars i was following were pushing hard and the GTR didn't even break sweat. I didn't get 25mpg though ;)

I find myself driving with cruise control and the digital speedo set on the dash to try and keep my speed down. I don't look at the needle for my speed!

·
Registered
535 Posts
misters3
I find myself driving with cruise control and the digital speedo set on the dash to try and keep my speed down. I don't look at the needle for my speed![/QUOTE]

Ditto I do the same so much easier to read and look at than the needle, the bit about trying to keep your speed down .....trying ...lol it dont work for long :D

I was also pleasently surprised how comfortable she is on long Motorway journeys, a great long distance cruiser :thumbsup:

My Sons CTR on 19" wheels is harder on the road than my GTR :D

800 miles done :D 400 to go :thumbsup:

CJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts