GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan Europe just informed 48 GT-R owners that they are changing the warranty which now applies even if you drive on race track and with ESP "OFF".
Also the transmission oil change criteria has been changed by the temprature border being raised from 110 degrees to 120 degrees and 30.000 km.
Many interesting details in a very long letter from Nissan and I hope the Administrator can get copy of letter from GTR-Club.de for release to GTROC members.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Nissan Europe just informed 48 GT-R owners that they are changing the warranty which now applies even if you drive on race track and with ESP "OFF".
Also the transmission oil change criteria has been changed by the temprature border being raised from 110 degrees to 120 degrees and 30.000 km.
Many interesting details in a very long letter from Nissan and I hope the Administrator can get copy of letter from GTR-Club.de for release to GTROC members.

This would be great news. Let us believe that being part of the EU will allow us to benefit in the UK. Presumably the pre-track inspection would still be required.

Do you know how widely the letters have gone out geographically.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Well done to whoever has got these changes and letter from Nissan... :clap:

However big questions raised, like why just 48, are they all in the same Country etc and can / will we get anything similar in the UK?

Rich

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think that people are scared about the tranny and it takes a lot of customer from Nissan. And as now the situation is not great they need every one of us :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Come on BRITS..use your power to be more influent !!!

We just created the Official GTR France club and we're in contact with germans .... EDM owners will win this war !

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Sounds great.

Can someone from the GTR Club (Fuggles?) please confirm what the Nissan GB stance is on this. I would be very surprised if they would have a different policy across Europe.

Can someone please post/translate the letter.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
This all was accieved from German Owners who have not accepted the warranty rules......

We now can drive the GTR´s with VDC off all day long,when it breaks,it breaks.....its not our problem(as long as we dont abuse the car for sure).

We now get better oilchangeintervals + 120 degree temp limits.....
+ a few more things....

There is still things which have not answered or have stayed the same,but in the end,we will fight for our rights:thumbsup:

Alex

@Nissan,yes,i know,im a very bad guy,but im still waiting on your apology to me,for all the bad words your customer service people have said to me.....:chairshot

PS: If someone is interested,i have the letter...(its in german btw)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Titel should be different:

"Good news from German GTR Owners...."

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
As Guy said, I'm sure this situation is not going to only apply to 48 owners. That would be totally unprecedented and result in a mass of lawsuits and bad publicity which Nissan cannot afford.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Smells a bit fishy imo. Why only 48 owners? Why only one market in the EU?

Owners shouldn't have to chase up this sort of thing like it's some club-specific or dealership-specific discount. Something this significant should (would?) merit an official announcement to all dealers, with owners being informed accordingly.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
What is the GTR Club doing about this?

I'm hoping that the Club is on top of this already, as they have good relationships with Nissan UK, so please let us know what is happening, as I would hope that the GTR Club is willing to fight on behalf of the R35 owners.

If nothing happens within a week I suggest we start a group of UK R35 Owners and we can together write to Nissan UK on a formal basis on behalf of the entire group.

However, before we start organising a collective effort, we should allow the Club to update us and inform us of how they plan to work on the owners behalf on this subject.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The transmission oil change criteria being increased to 120 degrees from 110 is not going to help, it just means that you are going to screw up your oil even more than before.

They should allow you to use a better oil for the tranny and still cover it under the warranty!

·
Registered
968 Posts
i dont think it's John's or GTROC's responsibility to communicate this for us unless they like to. Hope we can prevent the unpleasant situation of app half a year ago!

Anyway, think a petition is pointless, would be more usefull to draft a letter to NIssan demanding same treatmment all over EU for all buyers which each and every one of us can send to their HPC

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Alex

Can you E mail me a scan of the letter if I PM you my e-mail address via PM - I have a very close friend who speaks fluent German who i can get to translate and i will then post the full text in English.

Fuggles - would you like me to e-mail you a copy of this so you can put to Nissan GB for comments?

David

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
What is the GTR Club doing about this?

I'm hoping that the Club is on top of this already, as they have good relationships with Nissan UK, so please let us know what is happening, as I would hope that the GTR Club is willing to fight on behalf of the R35 owners.

If nothing happens within a week I suggest we start a group of UK R35 Owners and we can together write to Nissan UK on a formal basis on behalf of the entire group.

However, before we start organising a collective effort, we should allow the Club to update us and inform us of how they plan to work on the owners behalf on this subject.

Guy i think you should take the bull by the horns and run with it. I'll pm you some Nissan EU contacts if you like ? You appear very geared and experienced for this ? with all due respect i don't think anyone else in the club management would push this, don't own 35's, don't want to upset Nissan etc...

·
Banned
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This all was accieved from German Owners who have not accepted the warranty rules......

We now can drive the GTR´s with VDC off all day long,when it breaks,it breaks.....its not our problem(as long as we dont abuse the car for sure).

We now get better oilchangeintervals + 120 degree temp limits.....
+ a few more things....

There is still things which have not answered or have stayed the same,but in the end,we will fight for our rights:thumbsup:

Alex

@Nissan,yes,i know,im a very bad guy,but im still waiting on your apology to me,for all the bad words your customer service people have said to me.....:chairshot

PS: If someone is interested,i have the letter...(its in german btw)
This was not only German owners who signed the letter. they were from Germany, Spain, Swiss, Luxemburg and others. Talked to my NHPC in Spain who confirmed warranty changes etc. also applies to Spain.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Guy i think you should take the bull by the horns and run with it. I'll pm you some Nissan EU contacts if you like ? You appear very geared and experienced for this ? with all due respect i don't think anyone else in the club management would push this, don't own 35's, don't want to upset Nissan etc...
I fear you are right, but I'd like to give the Club (and therefore Fuggles) a chance to decide if he/they wish to deal with this first. I would consider it disrespectful to both if I didn't let them state what their information/position/intentions was first.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I fear you are right, but I'd like to give the Club (and therefore Fuggles) a chance to decide if he/they wish to deal with this first. I would consider it disrespectful to both if I didn't let them state what their information/position/intentions was first.
:thumbsup: You should go into politics Guy!

D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts