GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So far we got about 800 RWHP with AEM EMS at 27 Psi with ignition hesitation at around 7500 all the way to the red line 9500 RPM. Tuning was done By Justin Nini from Tuning Concept with AEM EMS. The turbo starts spooling at 5400 RPM but full boost comes at 6200 RPM. We will resume the dyno session after we get rid of the ign cutting hopefully by adding the HKS DLI. The amazing thing though is the fact that Justin managed to get around 700 RWHP at 23 Psi ON 91 PUMP GAS with no knocking.I think Making 900 WHP should not be a problem. I will keep you posted.

Husam

MC-Performance

Car Specs:
Jun Modified Head
Tomei 290 /11.3 Lift En/Ex Cams
HKS 1000 INj
T88H38JK Turbo
Trust Intake
3.5 In Exhaust
AEM EMS with 5Bar Map Sensor
87mm Jun Pistons
Crower Con Rods
HKS Pulley Damper
NGK #9 Plugs
Trust 5 Row Intercooler Drag-SPL
Supporting fuel System

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Good result with the AEM. You're not having any timing issues are you?

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
red poison said:
We will resume the dyno session after we get rid of the ign cutting hopefully by adding the HKS DLI. The amazing thing though is the fact that Justin managed to get around 700 RWHP at 23 Psi ON 91 PUMP GAS with no knocking.I think Making 900 WHP should not be a problem.
I thought that's what the whole issue was with the AEM?
:(

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car was fine on low boost levels but, when we reached 23psi+ we started experiencing the ignition cutting. From experience with AEM EMS on different cars like Supras and EVOs, i think all what we need is a ignition amplifier and we will take it from there. The HKS DLI solved our problem with Supras and EVOs so it should solve this one too. I will keep you posted.

Husam

MC-Performance

·
Registered
646 Posts
Sorry to drag an old post up, but did the HKS DLI / Twin Power solve the misfire on that car?

·
Registered
60 Posts
also curios as to the outcome. ive got an AEM that im going to run once ive finished my new motor. did you have any timing issues with the std. CAS or did you get the cas upgrade from AEM? also were you running std coils? down here in NZ alot of people are ditching the std coils for wastespark setups or aftermarket coils.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It solved it. we also running the stock coils and i would not recommend changing to anything other than the stock ones. we are not running the AEM CAS yet we are running fine without it.

Regards,
Husam

MC Performance

·
Registered
241 Posts
Husam....many thanks for your update.
do you have any dyno chart picture ? do you drag race ? any times or update..
:clap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts