GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some recent posts and conversations with Chris at Auto Torque, I took my GT-R in to them today to get a list of smallish items dealt with. Normally Iain Litchfield looks after all the cars needs but I didn't fancy a 150 mile round trip for battery and MOT, camera wiring etc.

Chris Marshall was extremely welcoming and organised everything including the acquisition of the Optima Yellow top battery. A courtesy car was provided and all the work carried out swiftly and efficiently with all my V-Box and Road Hawk cameras and telemetry fixed. I could have had some of the work carried out at one of my dealerships, but this time of the year we are packed out and Chris was keen to show me the quality of his work.

The car was cleaned and the price was extremely competitive. Clearly Chris is keen to do more GT-R work and my first experience was faultless - thank you Chris and the team.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Sounds good, might have to try them out when I need an MOT in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Based on the comments from John and Barry have booked with Chris to do my Alcon/Pagid upgrade. Would also normally have Litchfield do it, but when it is taking 3 weeks to get a response the 5 hour round trip is starting to feel like something I only want to do when essential.

Hope it goes well Chris!

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
You will be able to get them on the work number at 8.30am

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Which guys like this were close to me :(

Can't ever get through to Litchfield and when I do, never got the call back I was promised so gave up :(

·
Registered
342 Posts
Can't ever get through to Litchfield and when I do, never got the call back I was promised so gave up :(
My last attempt was three emails and four calls over three weeks ... and that was just to get a booking. Also being told (not by Iain) that they could have got me in earlier if they'd known didn't land well either.

Still of course hold Iain in highest regard, but what can you do if you can't get a response.

Hoping Chris proves to be a good option for some work.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He wont let you down. Just be careful when entering the industrial estate as the landlord has not fixed all the potholes!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
My last attempt was three emails and four calls over three weeks ... and that was just to get a booking. Also being told (not by Iain) that they could have got me in earlier if they'd known didn't land well either.

Still of course hold Iain in highest regard, but what can you do if you can't get a response.

Hoping Chris proves to be a good option for some work.
Same, from all the reviews they can't be doubted, but like you said, I want work done (Litchfield Bellhousing) but simply can't get it booked either to lack of phoning me back, no answer at all, or too busy to talk :(

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
Dean, autotorque can fit a Litchfield bell housing for you, give Chris a ring and discuss it with him. Litchfield will send the bell housing to Autotorque who will fit it and then send your old one back to Litchfields.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Dean, autotorque can fit a Litchfield bell housing for you, give Chris a ring and discuss it with him. Litchfield will send the bell housing to Autotorque who will fit it and then send your old one back to Litchfields.
Barry, I didn't realise that ... I also have a booking for the bell housing and down pipes with Iain ... but didn't know that Chris could do it.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Same, from all the reviews they can't be doubted, but like you said, I want work done (Litchfield Bellhousing) but simply can't get it booked either to lack of phoning me back, no answer at all, or too busy to talk :(

I rang yesterday morning asking for Adam but Iain answered so we had a nice chat. Never seem to have a problem getting through, maybe they're not too keen on accepting reverse charge calls................. :D

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
LOL @ Zedhead, I have heard from a private source, that due to my early forum activity Litchfields simply do not want to provide me a service because of who I am?

How much truth in that I don't know.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Can you still do reverse charge calls LOL!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
LOL @ Zedhead, I have heard from a private source, that due to my early forum activity Litchfields simply do not want to provide me a service because of who I am?

How much truth in that I don't know.
And who are you?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts