GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally she's starting to sound little more like i think a 35 should have done (and little more like my old 34 ;) ), i'll have to start driving her a lot more now i guess (3 months and not even 2k :eek: )

Fitted a nice pair of GFB BOV's, these are fully adjustable between atmosphere and recyle, along with a lot of other great design features.

Got them set to about 70% recycle, but the noise is great on lift off, sad maybe, but added to the improved exhaust note, makes me happy :chuckle:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
377 Posts
sounds nice.
But I would rather have a chatter valve.
I know when I put a baileys twinport on the vxr it lost soo much boost it was unbelievable. had to reboost every gear then that put me off bovs forever

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got them from an owner that helped me out on NAGTROC, but you can get them direct from Gofastbits (Stealth FX | Blow-off Valves | Go Fast Bits), paid about £360 for the pair to my door.

dtox, no loss of boost to report here or by any US members, but i'm sure that different setups, cars etc all have there issues :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Would be worth measuring the AFR and AF correction on part throttle boost to make sure you don't risk bore wash.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Is there any engineering reason to replace the stock blow-off valves?
Or is it purely for the noise?

I had HKS SSVs on my R33 and loved the noise back then, but don't think it suits the R35's image so much...

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
i have the hks ssqv on my car but they dont make the noise as i chose to have mine recirc.. i can change it to the woosh but like thistle says its no ideal..

i have done logs with my car with woosh on and woosh off.. and the car likes the recirc and pulls a lot better.. ie same as stock set up but a better BOV

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chavtastic !!
lol, don't get me started on how much i hate them, but maybe i'll have to take myself out into a field and shoot ma self now as the chav has risen in me :D

I like the sound, though there turned down to about 80% recycle and i must admit after a week or so i'm not even bothering to lift off any more :rolleyes: but then they do feed my shiney thing obsession when i'm cleaning the engine bay lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts