GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well was very nice to actually meet most of you but not all if i'm honest, was a really nice turn out and all the cars looked the part on the stand:D

Also many thx to Dave Wilkins for arranging and orgainising the cars over the weekend and camping situation and making myself, Laura and Mr Jason O feeling very welcome.;)

Hope it goes on again next year as i've heard mixed rumours that it won't due to some muppets wheelspinning it etc. late at night and also a trade van or vans got broken into, shame but this is life isn't it!

Anyway won't waffle, but just thx for a great weekend!:D

(PS I was the one with the met red GTS with the GTR kit on incase you were all wondering who the smeg i was:p )

·
Registered
300 Posts
Awesome weekend!!!

Spoilt only by the 2.5 hr standstill on the M1 home due to a multi-fatality accident I'm afraid, timely reminder to us all to keep safe.

Hope I said hello to everyone I met and some for the 1st time.

C u all at the next one!

Jimmy Gill
www.octane.biz

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Yep great weekend... (Although i slept through alot of it) Met some great ppl, Mr Diggler Sah... You are a star... But I never had chance to do any modeling for the new venture for you...;) I do not come cheap... R34 with BIG Seats would do the job to be the mascott...:D And the rest of you guys although i cannot remember names (Mind like a goldfish) Had a wicked weekend... Spoilt a little by the carpark known as the M1...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi guys !

Nice to meet you all !! Lots of class motas there !

Had a great weekend, am burnt to a frazzle tho !!

C yaz all again soon

Lolly

·
Registered
425 Posts
Excellent weather, excellent displays and of course excellent company.:cool:
Just a shame that weekend was marred by the M1 incident.
Our thoughts go to those involved and their families.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Wicked weekend.
Thanks to everyone who came.
Thanks to my bro for warning me of M1 carnage so I took nice quiet ride along the A5. Set off 2 hours after him and got home at same time :D
pics to follow.....
Dave
p.s. sorry to anyone I annoyed when plastered on saturday night. Don't remember going to bed:D

·
Registered
758 Posts
Good Job Dave

Dave,

Many thanks for all your efforts which resulted in such a good turnout of Skylines at JAE.

You must have had a good Saturday night as you looked wrecked on Sunday.

Agreed fully with your comments on certain cars not joining in. Must be a 'Ferrari' style pecking order thing.

Keep up your enthusiastic good work

Regards
Vincenzo

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well done mate, you've done the Derby lads proud and organised a great weekend .... again. Will catch up with ya some time this week and do a high res photo exchange deal if you're up for it?

Stay frosty

·
Registered
164 Posts
sun and beer

Yep was a good one,

I cant rember going to bed either, was fun though......

Thoughts to anyone affected by the M1 incident,

C u all soon,

Andy:smokin: thanks for the hangover dave!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Sound Weekend

What wicked weather we had. Soooooooo glad I was under an awning. Am not a sun worshipper but must say I do enjoy it as the girls always wear less and less clothes :D .

Very nice to meet up with people I haven't met before in person ie. Jason O, Rich J, Lolly, 2hundyman etc., etc., and the Skyline parking area looked the nuts. Just a shame Abbeys were parked so bloody far away :( .

Nice to see Andy and Rob with their set up :smokin: . Just a shame some GIT knicked their awning :mad: .

Didn't get to meet ZX, 501, Kemp did I :confused:.

Must say though that I was totally knackered by 2 days of that DAMN HEAT so if I seemed a bit subdued Sunday I apologise :) .

Looking forward to the next one.

glen.

ps. If ever I go up that way I never use the M1. I went home through Wellingborough (A45) and then used the A14 for access to the A1-London/M11. Much quieter.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Sam was retiring after the show which is a shame as she sorted us out with a prime location with 'just' enough space. I don't know why we get such a good spot as the Mitsi GTO's were shoehorned in and extended down the access road:D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Re: Sound Weekend

TOKYO said:
Must say though that I was totally knackered by 2 days of that DAMN HEAT so if I seemed a bit subdued Sunday I apologise :) .
Thats ok mate, just made it easier for us to make fun at you :D

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Thanks Dave for organising everything....Hi to everyone I met!! nice to put faces to names...cheers Richard and Gordon for taking the splitter off!!!

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
....and while I remember, what a great bunch of people brought their skylines to the show. Also good to see such cameraderie with other clubs. After all of the hype about a gang going to the show to steal either a skyline or parts from one, we camped next to the Z club that had a 260Z stolen under their noses last year. We shoehorned and blocked in our and their cars so that the only way the cars were leaving would be to airlift them out:D
Admittedly Mr Digglers awning and the bit of card with skyline GTR register went overnight but I guess it could have been a lot worse.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Here Here

Good weekend, shame I could only make Fri and Sat, left early Sunday for Touring Cars at Snetterton, we won again for anyone interested, will be on ITV this Sat at about 1.30 i think, About 50 points clear in the lead so looking good to win the championship!

Good to see everyone again and the new faces that I havent met before, wouldnt say it was a pleasure but nice:D Cant believe ZX Spectrum, he suggested or mentioned that he would look good as our Sumo gimp for the stand, Rob was gonna get him by the Y fronts, pull um up tight and sick a knot in and have him as our Sumo for the stand but - he backed out, shame, can get you on the payroll I reckon, hehe.

Yes, some twit nicked our Gazibo over night which was a shame as Rob roasted all day without it, easy come easy go, we only nicked it from someone else so no hardship.

Didnt get to see the traffic, got back to JAE at 8.30pm to collect my car and had a clear run home, didnt get in until 11.30 tho.

Some lovely cars on show on Saturday, no doubt I missed a load on Sunday, Best car I see which was non skyline was a blokes from the Honda R club, he had an Integra with a Supercharger fitted, really nice, it was parked next to the NSX.

See you all at 10 of the best this weekend, I will be running the HURRICANE ( I hope ) I have a place booked now, let the games begin!!!

:smokin:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts