GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tried a search and it looks like the Performance Friction discs and pads are pretty good on track. What I would like to know is has anyone tried to combine the PF discs and pads with the Greddy bells and calipers. I have the 355mm 6 pot set up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Greddy calipers are made by Alcon here in the UK. Pretty much all Alcon calipers have PF pads available to fit them. PF pads are considered one of the best pads available in race circles. They will be a very good combination if you choose a good PF pad compound'

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris, much appreciated. I am leaning towards the PF discs with the 01 pads and retaining the Greddy bells and calipers. Does that sound like a solid configuraion for the track (full weight R34 with standard 2 pot Brembos on the back, braided lines and Castrol SRF fluid) :nervous:

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
01 is an excellent time tested compound that's quite kind to discs. SRF is as good as it gets, fluid wise, so you should have a good combination. Once you start to really push it don't expect front discs to last more than 3 track days in the dry, mybe as little as one in the wet, the things are just so heavy they kill brakes.

Here's a two day old AP disc off my R33 GTR after a dry track day at Donigton followed by a 1/2 day in the wet at Oulton

·
Registered
424 Posts
That's drilled disks for you. You'll be better off with those groved ones..

By the way how much did you pay and what make are they..

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
They were AP Racing lightweight ones, about 250 each. The none drilled ones are AP normal weight with grooves. I sold them with my old R33 GTR, and my current R33 GTS-t has my own brake set up on it, with AP discs on my own bells with Brembo calipers front and rear on my own brackets, with my own twin master cylinder adjustable bias pedal end. Being a LOT lighter it's a LOT kinder to brakes :) I think I have about 8 used AP discs for the Skyline, some may be usable still, the others I keep as patterns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts