GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
a/f warning gauge

Hi Charlie
to answer a question Keith raised a couple of weeks ago and I never got round to answering (until now), the oxygen sensor on the GReddy gauge is a 4-wire one. I guess this cant make it as accurate as one might need to set up the engine. I think it should be used as a 'yard stick' rather than the only means to determine mixture. What I mean is, you could see what the gauge reads by comparison to an all singing all dancing 5 wire one and then use it as a datum point. There is a footnote in the instructions suggesting same.
Happy Xmas

TIm

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Afr

Tim
how much are those gauges
and do you have them
Gary

·
Registered
212 Posts
air fuel ratio gauge

Hi Gary

No I dont stock them but being so small they are quick to come in by air mail. I did keep a white one shortly after it was first released in 1999 but it took so long to sell I didnt replace it. Perhaps you can change that ! Retail from memory (because I am sciving off this week back to work on 2nd) is around £280+vat

Tim

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
gauge

Tim
can you get me one and ring me when in, i think it would be very usefull indeed, saves messing the engine up
Gary:D

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
forgot

Tim,
forgot to mention i need white to match my other gauges,boost and exhaust temp and also do you do a three mount pillar pod.
Charlie, thanks for putting up the pic all i can tell you out of the gauges i have used the Greedy ONES work the best and have features ie a memory of the last run etc and are easy to set up too and the back light is spot on at night for reading the info at full chat with your eyeballs shaking around,so best you order one to:D
regards
Gary

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
afr

gary what do you want one for
i thought you had a pro 5 wire one.

please let me know.

keith

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lumenition AFR

Seems a good idea Gary, I have been using a Lumention AFR.
Like you say...if your nippin on its a little difficult to focus on;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
afr

Keith,
I do have a 5 wire pro but I use this for all cars, mine is set up fairly well but i would like to install one to the car full time thats not so in yer face for 2 reasons, i want to monitor the relationship between exhaust temperature and afr and as i run my car between 1.6 bar and 2.1 bar i want to know instantly if there are any problems suddenly going weak as then i can save my engine,
a four wire system for that price seems good value and it matches my other gauges, so whilst not being essentual or compulsuary for my type of conversion its something else to look at thats of some use,
I will test it out against my main 5 wire for a few weeks and let you know the results of the comparasum between the two, I also have looked at a Blitz unit called FATT system this is a 5 wire and turbo timer built in as well but cost was high and it was only led this can be hard to read in sunlight, whereas a sweeping analoug gauge is easier to read and more accurate\stable to change taking average samples.
Also i am going to install a lumenition knock sensor kit,as per the new demon tweeks catalog i thought this would be usefull as well for the same reasons stated above, I do not run any octaine boosters or addatives in my fuel only shell OPTIMAX one day i may get a duff tank full you never know.
regards
Gary

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
knock

the apexi power fc hand set shows how much DET you are
running.and can flash the warning light on the dash when it goes over 60% DET.
it also warns against the fueling when your injectors are running at a unsafe limit.

keith

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
apexi

I know Keith,
but the injectors could be running flat out , with no fuel behind them it would be seriouse trouble the warning light could not inform me of this but the gauge would
Gary

·
Registered
174 Posts
GARY,

I have a FATT BLITZ unit, but I took it out becouse my new alarm has a turbo timer built in. I did not realize it read air/fuel becouse I never had the instructions.

Can I (and should I) reinstall it with out using the turbo timer function? Or should I get somthing elts?

Thanks for your advise,
Robb

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
afr

Robb
ide waz it back in seeing as you have it, it should have a 5 wire lamda sensor seperatly fitted check your downpipes, i will see if i can dig out the article
Gary

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
got it

Charlie,
got my gauge kit and it is a handsom peice of kit, has more functions than i thought,
these are
calibration sweep start
cold sensor led
warm up cycle flashing leds
operating temp reached, steady needle no leds
real time hold function
real time max afr reached
real time memory repeat
overheated sensor warning led
TOO LEAN WARNING audiable beep optionable and led flashing
wiring fault and short cuircit led warning
has every thing needed used as a guide only will be damm good
will post about its acuracy when i have fitted it but that wont be for a while as very buissy at mo
If you want one let me know

·
Registered
312 Posts
Gauge Kit,

Gary,

The gauge kit you have received is it the Greddy one??
The reason i am asking is that i am thinking about a Greddy gauge for min as above but was wondering whether it was worth while??;)

Best Regards

Stu:)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
got it

Great...Gary will look forward to your results.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
stu

Hi stu, yes its the same as the one at top of page will have mine fitted soon so can tell you about it but i would allready say just get one from what i have seen you cant beat greddy gauges this will be my third, boost,exhaust temp now afr they look the biz at night

·
Registered
994 Posts
How about a night time shot of our gauges lads because I think my twin HKS EGT`s and my big HKS Boost gauges look a bit tasty too:p

Henry.:smokin:

·
Registered
174 Posts
FATT Blitz unit

Hey Gary,
Did you ever find the article on the Blitz unit? I am still wondering if it has a afr function.

Thanks in advance,
Robb

1 - 20 of 22 Posts