GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RB26 has Greddy Iriduim plugs in it, I've removed them and checked them all and they seem fine. Should I carry on running these or swap out for some OEM NGK plugs?

I've heard about the tips on these plugs breaking off and falling inside the engine..

Picture of one of the plugs

·
Registered
469 Posts
Made in Japan from NGK but this model of plug only ever made for Greddy, a bit like Exedy do for Nismo.

Sold 1000's of these never had an issue with tips falling off!!!

Rich

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for confirming that guys! So if I wanted to replace these in future should I go for Iridium's again heat range 8?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Get rid of the iridium's and go copper. You wont look back and you will be saving yourself money too.

Transformed my car and will never use Iridium's again.

I ran BCPR6ES @ 400bhp
Now BCPR7ES @ 540bhp and they will be fine up to around 700 maybe more.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get rid of the iridium's and go copper. You wont look back and you will be saving yourself money too.

Transformed my car and will never use Iridium's again.

I ran BCPR6ES @ 400bhp
Now BCPR7ES @ 540bhp and they will be fine up to around 700 maybe more.
Thanks for that, They do work out to be nearly half the price! I will try them out in the next service :)

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shouldn't make a massive difference to be honest!

I used Iridiums on my car when it was unmapped and switched to coppers and it made a big difference then.
As long as the plug gaps are set correctly, I dont think there will be an issue. Thank you once again! The copper plugs are very affordable!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
As long as the plug gaps are set correctly, I dont think there will be an issue. Thank you once again! The copper plugs are very affordable!
They are set to 0.8mm which is correct. Make sure you don't buy the BCPR7ES-11 as they are 1.1mm. But if you already have you can gap them down to 0.8 :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts