GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
And a ton of hassel as not only have to remove bumper, the wheels also and the undertray......forget it and I would wait until 2011 is out as am sure that there will be retro DRL's that will be available to be placed within the bumper OEM style.....

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Swines stole my little idea I had a few months back...

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Swines stole my little idea I had a few months back...

I was thinking exactly the same!

I'd take it as a compliment.

BTW - having seen CC's up close

a) they don't look pony
b) you can't see them during the day when off i.e parked
c) that big moth that is jammed deep under my drivers side light wouldn't have gotten so far up there!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I still think CCs version still looks better than any official or aftermarket runing lights. You should sort out a self-install kit. :D

How easy is the Greddy kit to fit?

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
I've ordered a set if the greddy LEDs so I'll soon know. They reckon you have to remove the bumper but I think I know better!

No idea when they'll pitch up but once in hand I'll have a fiddle.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Clarksons comments on the R8 come to mind.Can't see much point in them really. Not my taste but each to their own.
Absolutely.

I like a good fiddle with my GTR most weekends so I'll be looking into this for those that may wish to add these LEDs.

All these sort of mods are marmite flavoured.

·
Registered
202 Posts
how hard is the wiring to get just them to come on and not the other lights?

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
which one's are these?

they look really smart.
A £30 pair from Halfords which I cut to fit. They've been removed now as it was just a working idea.

I have some of the Greddy ones on order but they havent arrived yet.

I'm also about to open up a headlamp unit and have a go at installing some halo rings like the guys at JOTECH in the US do, but without the lower strip..

·
Registered
164 Posts
CC - i would love to hear how you get on with the Greddys - I got the stuff from halfords but decided not to proceed as I thought the kit looked a little tacky.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
CC - i would love to hear how you get on with the Greddys - I got the stuff from halfords but decided not to proceed as I thought the kit looked a little tacky.
yep I know what you mean, they were bit chav-tastic packaging but once fitted they looked fine.

I'll post some stuff about the Greddy kit once I get it in hand as a comparison to the Halfords unit.

My next project is deffo the halo lights as they'll look more like an OEM solution than anything else.

Only problem I've faced so far is getting the headlamps open as normally one would place them in an oven to warm the sealant, but the GTR headlamps are massive!

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Sorry, should have posted about them.

They arrived after some delay and are a thin piece of plastic with leds stuck on the rear. The wiring to the leds is quite short so would probably require removing the bumper.

If they had longer wires it would have been possible to thread them around the headlamp housing but not in this case.

I'm in the process of dismantling a spare set of headlamps so to fit some halo rings so I've binned the idea of the Greddy kit.

IMHO they are a reasonable cost given what they are, but when you factor in the cost of bumper removal, combined with their flimsy nature, I'll pass.

I'll take some pics tonight of them (not installed) so folks can make up their own mind.

I may even post some teaser pics of the halos.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts