GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just picked up a second hand greddy plenum to put on my car and it hasn't come with any nuts, bolts and fittings.

Before I go through hell taking the standard one of and find out I need extras, I have a few questions -

Do the nuts and bolts that hold the standard plenum on fit the Greddy plenum?

If not where can I buy a set?

Is the plenum inlet bigger than the standard one?

If so how big and what is the best way to go about changing the intercooler pipes etc?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Can't answer all of your questions but if its the normal RB26 GReddy two piece plenum then it has a 4"/100mm inlet instead of the normal 80mm inlet so you'll need to adapt the pipe between the wing and plenum unless you can get hold of the pipe GReddy must have made to do the job.

Cheers
Stu

·
Premium Member
3,816 Posts
Yes standard nuts and bolts.
Only extras are the allen bolts that hold the plenum cover on.
You also need to make sure the rubber seal is in good condition. Any O ring supplier should be able to make a new one if it is damaged or missing.

The other bit that comes in handy is there is two hardpipes that hang under the plenum on that squarish block in the middle. The Greddy plenum comes with a replacment part to bolt on that is just short flared stub pipes so you can use hose.

It is indeed 100mm inlet. Greddy do a 100mm hard pipe kit and also sell their large Type R intercoolers with the option of a 100mm outlet.
Easy solution is just use an 80-100mm silicone hose to fit to existing hard pipe.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes standard nuts and bolts.
Only extras are the allen bolts that hold the plenum cover on.
You also need to make sure the rubber seal is in good condition. Any O ring supplier should be able to make a new one if it is damaged or missing.

The other bit that comes in handy is there is two hardpipes that hang under the plenum on that squarish block in the middle. The Greddy plenum comes with a replacment part to bolt on that is just short flared stub pipes so you can use hose.

It is indeed 100mm inlet. Greddy do a 100mm hard pipe kit and also sell their large Type R intercoolers with the option of a 100mm outlet.
Easy solution is just use an 80-100mm silicone hose to fit to existing hard pipe.
Thanks for the help guys!

What rubber seal is that mate?

Do i need that pipe part with the short stub pipes or can i use the original?

Sweet, i will get one of those silicone bits then :)

·
Premium Member
3,816 Posts
The seal sits in the groove in the flange of the plenum cover. It's somewhat larger than a common O ring.

The pipe bit.... you can possibly bend the stock ones or cut them off short and use some hose. Trust part just makes it easy.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know where i can get an 80-100mm hose fitting, I cant find one anywhere!

Actually what size is the standard inlet?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Just buy a 80-100 reducer and get a 80 mm alloy joiner piece and splice it in for a temp job until you can get hold of a 80 mm greddy hard pipe or any hard pipe that will fit and just reuse the 80-100 reducer you already have

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just buy a 80-100 reducer and get a 80 mm alloy joiner piece and splice it in for a temp job until you can get hold of a 80 mm greddy hard pipe or any hard pipe that will fit and just reuse the 80-100 reducer you already have
I cant find any of the 80-100mm reducers anywhere.

·
Registered
248 Posts
the greddy manifold also goes more forward so the adpter is going to be a bitch to fit to the old black hose. Second, going from a 3" to a 4" so suddenly will cause turbulance or air distribution problems inside the greddy manifold. I had to make a whole new hard pipe from the intercooler right on up to the greddy manifold. The intercooler is really close to a 3.25" outlet so going up to 3.5" and then use a 3.5 to 4 silicone coupler.
Oh the other thing your going to have a problem with is the clutch master vacuum line and check valve. The check valve has to be relocated a few inches further and it should be kept as close to level as you can. that means a whole new hose down to the stub pipe adapter.

·
Registered
248 Posts
oh get an oil filter relocator plate set as you will not be able to change filters any more as the greddy manifold is wider and closer to the strut tower so the filter will no longer come out that way.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
oh get an oil filter relocator plate set as you will not be able to change filters any more as the greddy manifold is wider and closer to the strut tower so the filter will no longer come out that way.
I have an R33 so isn't there a bit more space there? I already have a HKS oil cooler with thermostatic plate on there but it doesn't relocate the filter completely although it has been moved slightly. How would i fit a relocation kit to that like the grex one? Just twist one plate to where the filter would go and run the pipes to the other where the filter goes?

I don't mind having to do it from underneath the car if i have to, can you do that still?

The pipe you are talking about, is it a metal one or rubber?

·
Registered
248 Posts

You can see no space to pull the filter and i can't reach it from below so I went the relocation route

1 - 15 of 15 Posts