GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
morning all, what would be the benefit of having a Greddy Intake Manifold / Plenum fitted to my R33 GTR over the standard one? would i gain anything from just having it bolted on? or would i need it mapped etc?

·
Vendor
12,722 Posts
increased lag due to a larger chamber:( Most people i know who have installed one usually regret it unless its part of a big engine spec:thumbsup:

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Did they not change the internal design slightly to get a better balance to No.6?
I thought that was generally the whole idea to the GReddy plenum.

·
Registered
212 Posts
GReddy plenum

We were told years ago by Trust Japan that it was developed primarily to enhance build specs of 700 flywheel horsepower and above. Beneath that level its not necessary

·
Banned
146 Posts
Go for the Nismo one, its better than the Trust one as its addresses the waekness of the std design which did not flow sufficiently to cyl 6. I remember someone had a Dynapack of a before and after and the Trust one lst a bit of power. IIRC the guy was using GT2530s and was maing some 640bhp.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The original plenum is designed with all sorts of bumps and ridges to give excellent fuel distribution at the original factory power level.

Once you start winding up the wick a bit, there is too much airflow into number six, it will usually always be the cylinder that runs lean and detonates first. So the simple if not cheap cure is to fit the Greedy plenum. This will help a bit, no significant power increase unfortunately, but it is supposed to help tuning and air distribution with higher boost cars.

Fitting this to a stock or nearly stock engine will do nothing good, and is simply a waste of money.

But as has already been said, as part of a significant overall upgrade it may be worth some consideration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.