GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These Turbo`s were just what I had been looking for,I`ve learnt over the years to be patient and sit on the fence and see what others do first.I was very tempted to go for a big single but as I already had all the GT25 bits & pieces already on my R33 I felt it would have been a better move to replace my 25/10`s for something that would just bolt right on in their place.

I was given the privilage of driving Shin`s black Mines R34 a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed,thanks Gary,and decided that my perfect Skyline would keep my Step 1 cams but needed to be mated with a pair of bigger turbos.Having the 2.8litre HKS engine I was set on going for a pair of GT25/40R`s but for reasons that I will not go into I was left looking for an alternative.SVS came to my rescue with the perfect answer.At £2250+vat these new T517Z`s with Actuators included in the price are quite simply brilliant.These turbos are perfect for my engine set up,they pull very hard at about 4000RPM and between 5000 & 7000RPM are totally awesome......

These turbo`s combined are very close to a T78 single in
performance, they have been dynoed to 680PS at 1.9bar in Japan! on a 2.6litre Skyline using 272 degree cams.

I will post my dyno sheet as soon as I find my scanner or camera which are still packed away somewhere in a box as I have just moved house this week.

I invite Tim of SVS and Guy to post their opinions as they both had a drive of my R33 and fill you in with the more technical aspects or questions but all I can add is my car is totally drivable in all conditions and has not become a drag car although I guess I will get into the 10`s on the 1/4mile;) s

I hope all the above is of interest and I will post a few photo`s of the finished installation.

Cheers,
Henry:smokin:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Henrys Car

I've got to agree having driven it last night.

Its very, very quick and very responsive.

A great job by all parties concerned and another well deserved member of the 600+ bhp club.

I'd might have been even nicer if you'd spelt my name correctly!!!

Guy

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spelling

Guy,
Spelling doesn`t come easy to us South East Londoners pal.;)
Anything over 4 letters is new territory for me mate! :eek:

Henry.:)

G

·
well, I just attempted to order a 2530 kit from HKS but have been told that there will be over a 1 month wait. After reading this I think I will go down the T51Z route and change my order.

In the Trust catalogue there are two options T51Z-8cm2 and T51Z-10cm2. do you know which one of these yours are?

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Dyno Sheet

nah I believe you Henry.

I'm still the kind of guy that takes people at face value and have no reason to doubt you ;) .

Keep well.

glen

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Chicken....

And there's me thinking we'd have another member of the 'Turbo Club'!

Great result Henry with more to come by the sound of it. Perhaps I should have listened to Tim when changing my turbos....

Cheers.

Peter.

G

·
tim cleared it up. the 8cm2/10cm2 refers to the swept size of the ex. housing.

anyway, ordered the T517Z-10cm2 kit from japan and it should be here in 2 weeks :)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly, none of the mainstream Greddy/Trust turbos/kits have ball-bearing centre sections. That's why their kits are generally such good value.

Cya O!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Did you

Hi mr Tonka,
are you really sure they are roller bearing turbos?
I looked at those turbos when I was at SVS and was sure Tim told me they were plain bearing with a 360 degree thrust, nice little turbo but I recon the REIMAX unit with full roller brg that is on Ia1n,s car is far superior, both in design and size, nice result though, its got to be time to see the power outputs we see and hear about in Japan and Australia soon though for the amount of money it costs for the parts etc dont you think
regards
Gary
GT-ART
Bottom end built:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
turbos

Daz. The same turbo is available as a kit to fit the S-14 and gave 318ps at 1.1 bar. This is from my memory but fairly sure its about right. As far as I am concerned they are a plain bearing 360 thrust unit precisely matched so no problems re lag etc. Smae approach followed by Nismo among oters due to the high costs involved in overhauling the roller bearing units
best rgds
Tim

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Merli,
Yeah,I will post up my dyno sheets as soon as I get my car back as they are in the glove-box.I left my R33 at Tuning Japanese on Saturday after our massive Dyno Day Event for some more mapping as my car was over-fuelling.Up to 635BHP now but I haven`t got a clue of how much torque it made..........

PH1,
Did you get your turbo`s? Keep us informed of your progress.
What cams are you running?

Thanks,
Henry.

G

·
Henry,

The turbos and other parts should be leaving japan today or tomorrow, I have 66kg of parts to send via air freight so its working out a little more expensive than i was expecting ;)

I will be using HKS 264in/264ex cams to start with, and depending on how these feel I will probably go to a larger duration in the future.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts