GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently musing over buying a pair of these, but the question is - am I likely to see any marked benefit (BHP, torque or whatever) by upgrading to these alone, or would I only notice benefits with cam + injector upgrades at the same time?

Im running stock injectors and cams at present, and steel turbos capable of 1.2 bar.

P

·
0 Posts
show n tell

i'm not sure about the benefit of upgrading to them alone.

I will be running them with
- Tomei 260IN/260EX 10.8mm camshafts
- HKS 680cc injectors
- etc.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Here are my thoughts... Definitely sort your fuel system out before going to the T517s. You may realise a marginal gain over the tock setup at boost levels of about 1.0 - 1.2 bar but only on the top end of the power curve where your steel turbos start to heat the air up more. However, at 1.2 bar you'll be marginal on the fueling at high rpms with th T517s (if you aren't already on the steel turbos).

After the fuel is sorted out, you could conservatively run these turbos at 1.2 - 1.3 or higher bar on premium pump gas and get the timing adjusted to take advantage of the efficient delivery of air that these larger turbos provide. You will definitely see a nice hp jump at that point.

Cya O!

·
Registered
46 Posts
You're better off upgrading your fuel system anyway, as you will probably be needing an upgrade sometime in the future if you are going for max power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts